• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 03gsxr1000

Speed Demon
    Jul 4, 2010
    A random unknown source who claimed to be a police detective informed me that as of January 2013 we will have our carry rights restored. I have tried to find an update in the threads but to no avail. Does anyone know definitively, or are we still in judicial limbo?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    A random unknown source who claimed to be a police detective informed me that as of January 2013 we will have our carry rights restored. I have tried to find an update in the threads but to no avail. Does anyone know definitively, or are we still in judicial limbo?

If someone told me that, I'd doubt he had any job, much less LEO.

There is a case in the courts, but it only relates to whether MD can generally arbitrarily pick and choose who gets CCW permits. Even if the arbitrary section is nullified (completely 50/50 chance at this time), it will probably still be pretty hard to get a CCW permit in MD ... and as soon as the legislature reconvenes ... harder again.

SouthCo

Nov 20, 2012
    How did you come accross this random unknown source who claimed to be a police detective?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The average Ofc/ Trooper doesn't sit around following the minuate of Court Cases that don't personally involve them.

It is believable that reflects the water cooler gossip circulating in Md LE circles , but it would just be speculation and not any inside info.

03gsxr1000

Speed Demon
    Jul 4, 2010
    How did you come accross this random unknown source who claimed to be a police detective?

If i told you you would laugh me out of this forum. I took his statement with a grain of salt BECAUSE I pretty much keep up to date on this topic, thanks to this forum and MSI.

MdGunFiend

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 26, 2012
    I don't know how anyone can say this unless they are one of the judges or know them personally

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County

If i told you you would laugh me out of this forum. I took his statement with a grain of salt BECAUSE I pretty much keep up to date on this topic, thanks to this forum and MSI.

Your first post and this post don't really match. If you took his statement with a grain of salt and keep up to date here and with MSI, why did you need to start a thread to ask something you already knew?
    I'm not trying to bust your balls, but........:)

03gsxr1000

Speed Demon
    Jul 4, 2010
    Your first post and this post don't really match. If you took his statement with a grain of salt and keep up to date here and with MSI, why did you need to start a thread to ask something you already knew?

Nice troll thanks bro.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008

Nice troll thanks bro.

I agree with him and it was a good question, bro.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I can easily enough see that statement being made in course of casual bs'ing by random semi-aware LE person. If the OP says he happened to personally hear such a statement , nothing impossable or overly implausable in that , so I'll take that at face value ( that the statement was made ) .

Even at that kinda on the weak side for starting a thread , but nothing Troll-ish.

MdGunFiend

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 26, 2012
    again, how can anybody on the street today say we'll have permits in january when that decision we all know is made by the judges????????????????????????????

now if a judge is out her flapping his mouth then hey..

cowboy321

Apr 21, 2009
    We get a court decision
    Even if decision is in our favor doesn't mean we get permits

We have to wait n see what maryland does,they'll appeal all the way to scotus im sure
    Md become Shall Issue seems not likely unless directed by the Supreme Court, which would also apply to all 50 states... And DC....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom