Vortex Viper From Amazon - Received an Empty Box!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Wow - so I ordered a Vortex Viper red dot. I get the package just now and open it. I open the product box. I notice the tape has been previously opened. The box is empty. Nice.

Amazon says they will send out a product; should receive Wed. Ugh!! At least they will make good on it.

Skipjacks

Ultimate Member
    Clearly someone scammed Amazon by returning an empty box for refund

But Amazon screwed up multiple ways

Returned electronics shouldn't be sold as new, even if the box isn't empty

And obviously no one even checked the box to verify the condition of the return

XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG
    Make sure you write a review. No way to know if this is a repeating issue unless folks speak up

WildWeasel

Mar 31, 2019
    MI>FL>MD
    Pretty sure Amazon recycles returned electronics as new. Should they? Hell no.

^

At the end of the day it shouldn't be a big deal because of the vortex warranty, as long as you get the product... But its slimy business and most items don't have good warranties.

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    Was the seller Amazon? Or a third party?

I’m always leery of third party sellers, unless they’re they actual manufacturer of the item...

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Was the seller Amazon? Or a third party?

This is the real question. If a small third-party retailer is selling through Amazon and did this, Amazon will only find out once the customer discovers the issue. Obviously they're stepping up, even though the sale (just through the administrative and shipping costs) is now going to lose them money. Unless the third party seller has a really good story to tell and makes up for it, they will quickly lose their access to Amazon's enormous market of customers.

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    Pretty sure Amazon recycles returned electronics as new. Should they? Hell no.

They do, however they list them as Used under their Amazon Warehouse deals. They list defects per item such as torn box, missing manuals, nicks and scratches etc. You can usually save some cash going for the torn box deals. IT sounds like it was stolen during the picking process or picked incorrectly.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008

Attachments

• F20CE2CA-AD3F-46AC-A19E-B256CE895A02.jpg
      F20CE2CA-AD3F-46AC-A19E-B256CE895A02.jpg
      25.5 KB · Views: 348

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I have had HORRIBLE success with anything optics related when it comes to Amazon Warehouse or third party sellers. Counterfeit C-More, scope rings wrong size, etc.

Amazon proper hasn't been bad.

Shogunade

Mar 21, 2020
    Amazon warehouse is really hit or miss. But I dont mind having to return things if it gets me a killer deal.

J.T

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    MD
    I ordered an aimpoint about a year ago from them $700 or so. I received a $20 gunshow red dot in an aimpoint box. They took it back and refunded no questions asked

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom