• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VulgarDisplay

Feb 25, 2019
    St. Marys
    Hello all. Im a current PA resident and just accepted a job in Waldorf. I have always had reservations about moving to MD due to the restrictive gun laws, but this job is too good to pass up.

I'm heading down March 11th and am currently looking for a place to rent as I establish roots in the area. I'll probably be staying in a hotel until I find a place and move the wife down. Any suggestions on the area are very much welcome.

Although a have a few firearms, I really haven't spent much time shooting and plan on spending much more time at the range.

Look forward to being an active member of the community.

moparmike610

Feb 28, 2017
    Hughesville
    Hello all. Im a current PA resident and just accepted a job in Waldorf. I have always had reservations about moving to MD due to the restrictive gun laws, but this job is too good to pass up.

I'm heading down March 11th and am currently looking for a place to rent as I establish roots in the area. I'll probably be staying in a hotel until I find a place and move the wife down. Any suggestions on the area are very much welcome.

Although a have a few firearms, I really haven't spent much time shooting and plan on spending much more time at the range.

Look forward to being an active member of the community.

Well I guess it’s too late to say not the ghetto dorf , Better read up on all the laws and soon to be new gun laws.

As for ranges not many around , you got Fred’s indoor range , Myrtle Grove (DNR site) outdoor range 100 yards and clay range.

Only plus side to here is Gymratz.

Traffic sucks in the Waldorf area period FYI

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    Well, no kids, right? I agree about the hotel thing, don't be lazy, do that for a month if needed, go driving around potential apartments at night, slowly. Then again during the day.
    Research your areas of interest, night / day changes things.
    I'd try and rent a house solo if you could swing it.

And, Pictures of your wife are much appreciated.

moparmike610

Feb 28, 2017
    Hughesville
    Yeah, I've been thinking about living outside of Waldorf. West, East, or South.

Been doing a lot of reading on all the gun laws.

King George va isn’t but 20 min from Waldorf , I’d live there before living in Maryland. (I was born and raised in Maryland 38yrs and I’m about to pull out of here )

VulgarDisplay

Feb 25, 2019
    St. Marys
    Well, no kids, right? I agree about the hotel thing, don't be lazy, do that for a month if needed, go driving around potential apartments at night, slowly. Then again during the day.
    Research your areas of interest, night / day changes things.
    I'd try and rent a house solo if you could swing it.

And, Pictures of your wife are much appreciated.

We have a 24 year old that just finally decided to go to school. Looks like they offer a similar program down there at the community college as what he is taking here.

We spent a couple of days in the area when I came down for an interview. Did some driving around, but not enough to know the sorrounding area very well.

I really don't want to get into a townhouse, hoping for a single family home in a good neighborhood.

I'll get working on this pictures for you!

VulgarDisplay

Feb 25, 2019
    St. Marys
    King George va isn’t but 20 min from Waldorf , I’d live there before living in Maryland. (I was born and raised in Maryland 38yrs and I’m about to pull out of here )

Yeah, we actually checked out the area when I was down for an interview. I have to find a place quickly, so we might be in Maryland for a year or so unless I can find what I want in King George. My goal is to at least end up in VA once we are settled in a bit.

Moyaone

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 22, 2017
    Last edited:

VulgarDisplay

Feb 25, 2019
    St. Marys

bpm32

Nov 26, 2010

20 minutes from the foot of the bridge there, but he'd have to factor in a little bit of a drive inside VA. From King George (the town) it's more like 40-45 minutes.

VulgarDisplay

Feb 25, 2019
    St. Marys
    I got another one that my tenant is moving out of in June I think as well:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/...0646/87853765_zpid/?fullpage=true&view=public

It's a town but a nice one. 3 levels with 1000SF on each floor, 9' ceilings, elevator, wood/tile/granite, end unit, garage, brick patio.

King George is nice but that bridge can be a real B to deal and not going to get any better once they start construction on the new bridge.

Looks a lot bigger than I need and probably a little more than I want to pay. We live very minimally if that's even a thing.

Thanks for mentioning it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom