• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • songlaw

Aug 2, 2017
    Clarksville
    Does anyone have information on the new Glock 43X, which is supposed to have a 10 round mag?
    A friend pointed me to an article on thetruthaboutguns.com, but I don't know if it is some hoax, as I have not heard anything about it elsewhere.

I did a search beforehand, and did not see any other posting, so I apologize if this is a duplicate.

I got excited, before I read the article, and the 43X is wider and longer, almost approaching G19 size. My excitement is tempered.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    It'll be a big seller in places where you can't legally carry more than ten rounds. Other than that, I'd have to compare it in person. It's nice to have options.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    It's real. Glock is coming out with two guns. The 43X is a G43 with an extended grip and 10-round single-stack mag. The Glock 48 takes the G43X and mounts a G19-length slide on it.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    It's real. Glock is coming out with two guns. The 43X is a G43 with an extended grip and 10-round single-stack mag. The Glock 48 takes the G43X and mounts a G19-length slide on it.

Mother of god. I must have the 48. So you are talking a mid sized slim frame 9mm with a 10 round capacity?

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Still means Glock is slow to market. Plus, they dont listen to their customers.

Well, unless you moonlight as an accountant for Glock, Inc., and have info the rest of us lack about market share and bottom lines, I'm going to assume they know what they're doing. Comparing them in any way to Springfield (a company which cannot even manage to come down on the correct political side to help themselves out) is foolish at best.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Well, unless you moonlight as an accountant for Glock, Inc., and have info the rest of us lack about market share and bottom lines, I'm going to assume they know what they're doing. Comparing them in any way to Springfield (a company which cannot even manage to come down on the correct political side to help themselves out) is foolish at best.

I was in the wholesale firearms industry for six years. In my humble opinion, he's spot on. I think Glock is a bunch of arrogant pricks. Good guns, but lousy attitudes.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland

Springfield and other makers have beaten Glock to market in many areas. You defending that is odd. Listening to customers is very very important in competitive businesses. Ambi controls, metal sights, front separations. The list is long. Some things glock still doesn't offer. Keep drinking the glock koolaid.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    I dont want to come off as a Glock hater, I'm not. But, a side from Springfields goof, or whatever it was, they have good firearms and have expanded their line over the years. The XD, XDS and XDM are great guns. They offered a lot of features glock didnt and still doesn't. Glock doesn't even know if people want finger grooves. They dont even make a magazine that drops out clean.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Right now the G43 with a Pearce +1 gives me 7+1 and all my fingers on the grip. The size is perfect.

But...this intrigues me.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I am liking the stagger-stack magazine concept a lot, but I imagine a lot of G43 adopters are going to be annoyed they wound up with proprietary mags. Unfortunately, I don't think either the G43X or G48 will be legal and/or useful in IDPA/USPSA.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Suspect glocks market is primarily the institutional market. Police agencies. Some special military groups. They figure if they fill those needs the civilians will follow. My wife and i have several, and even with blue label pricing there are no more i have a need or desire to own for personal use.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Springfield and other makers have beaten Glock to market in many areas. You defending that is odd. Listening to customers is very very important in competitive businesses. Ambi controls, metal sights, front separations. The list is long. Some things glock still doesn't offer. Keep drinking the glock koolaid.

So you ARE an accountant for Glock then?! Wow. Yes, Springfield identifying where I need to put my hands when firing a pistol is definitely "innovative". So what if others beat Glock to market? Sigs 365 came out before these new items, but if you get one you run the risk of cracked firing pins and other issues. I'd rather Glock let others beta test new markets and then make something that actually works.

Until you KNOW what Glocks numbers are, you're just guessing how much any of this affects their profits.

I can't think of a single professional instructor of any note who uses an XD, and Greg Ellifritz has written several times about issues with XDs his students REGULARLY have in his classes (usually related to those magazines you seem to think are so great compared with Glocks). I most often see XDs in the hands of those convinced by gun dealers (who have higher markup on them than Glocks) to purchase them, and then carry them in Uncle Mikes or Alien Gear crappy holsters.

Oh, and my Glock mags do drop free. Not sure what your issue is.

Oh, and its not that I'm such a fanboy. I'd be just as happy with S&W, HK, etc. I just happened to start down the Glock path so stuck with it.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I like Glocks, for the most part.
    Really only interested in 9mm.
    Have 17 and 19 and I'm really interested in the 43...but it looks like they're getting carried away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom