• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    Heard of these? Have one? What do you think of it? I'm having a hard time finding a better scope in its price range. I've been looking hard at the 3-15x50 FFP.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

lax

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Baldwin
    I bought a 4-20 for an AR10 a few weeks back. Just mounted it. Hope to hit the range soon. All the research I did had these scopes hard to beat for the money.

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    I bought a 4-20 for an AR10 a few weeks back. Just mounted it. Hope to hit the range soon. All the research I did had these scopes hard to beat for the money.

That's what I'm thinking too. I found the 3-15x50 on sale for $594. That's hard to beat for a FFP scope.

Broncolou

Jan 22, 2013
    Parkton MD
    It's a very nice scope with a mediocre reticle. It's not set in mils/moa its a BDC that rarely works out for anything like the paper says. You just need to get DOPE for your rounds and it will be a great scope. I have a buddy with one and he loves everything but the reticle........ He has dialed it a good bit and it always comes back. Maybe look at the XTRII for a little more money you can get set mils or moa. It makes like easier if you will be adjusting the scope regularly. IMO

Cuttyfunk

Dec 17, 2015
    Dont know if this helps but, I have a 2.5 -10 on my ar-15 and it's good glass and a solid scope. I agree about the reticle. I was able to tweak my load to match the reticle but it's not a graduate reticle. Tested tracking and return to zero with no surprises.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Dont know if this helps but, I have a 2.5 -10 on my ar-15 and it's good glass and a solid scope. I agree about the reticle. I was able to tweak my load to match the reticle but it's not a graduate reticle. Tested tracking and return to zero with no surprises.

Thats good to know, thanks. I’m thinking the only drawback is that the BDC wont work properly for the Valkyrie, but i should be able to tweak things to make it work. Otherwise this scope gets solid reviews.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    Bushnell Forge line looks comparable, if not better than this scope. I got a Forge 2.5x-15x50 for about $275 from over $800 on clearance plus a 30% rebate.

Currently most of the Forge line sits around $899 I think and they have a 4x-20x50 in both Mil and MOA. Reticle on the forge I would argue is better also. You also get locking turrets, FFP, Zero Stop, side focus, etc. I've been very impressed with the clarity of both of mine (bought 2, one for an identical build for a friend). They track true and return to zero every time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom