• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Peeps are sweating profusely just driving to the range to target shoot this year.

Ive been waiting to see when someone gets nervous with anxiety about taking a gun out of their safe in their home to clean it on the workbench.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    follow your instinct..

its your legal rights that's on the line here.. do you really want to be a test case?

Legally, by MD the OP is okay. The law doesn't say directly.

Company Policy comes into play, most companies do not want firearms on their property which includes garages.

It is all on the OP's conscious on what decides to do. It's his/her right.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Legally, by MD the OP is okay. The law doesn't say directly.

Company Policy comes into play, most companies do not want firearms on their property which includes garages.

It is all on the OP's conscious on what decides to do. It's his/her right.

Yes and no.. personally stopping for gas or food... yes.. I would agree.

For longer period,.. way much in the grey area.

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG
    No grey area about it. The law doesn't prohibit it, therefore it is legal :)

What he said...As long as you have your hand gun unloaded, stored in a case, and secured in the trunk or locked in a gun transfer case/safe if you have no trunk, you are in compliance with MD firearm transport laws...However, it is just good old common sense to not leave your weapons unattended in your vehicle for any length of time, no matter how they are stored; “way too many knucklehead thieves in this local”.

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG
    Any reason why you couldn't lock your pistol in a small case and bring it inside with you? Discretely of course.

Depends on your employer: After retiring from the military, I worked for the Boeing Company and latter retired: No personal weapons, in particular firearms, are allowed in or on company property, including leased facilities and parking lots. All individuals work behind the wire and their person and property are subject to search while on the property. If weapons are found, on your person or in your possession, you are subject to immediate termination and possible federal prosecution, depending on the location of the facility. Many companies have these type rules, (conditions of employment), especially large companies that wish to limit liability and potential security issues.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    wasnt there just recently a thread that someone did somethimg similar? They went shooting during lunch, locked it in their car after returning to work. After the work day returned to their car to find it was broken into and their firearm stolen?

Just food for thought, I dont know how secure your parking situation is, but may think of something other than range bag to keep it in. Or maybe field strip and take the slide in with you?

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    wasnt there just recently a thread that someone did somethimg similar? They went shooting during lunch, locked it in their car after returning to work. After the work day returned to their car to find it was broken into and their firearm stolen?

Yes, that was the incident I mentioned in my first post.

He had gone to the range at lunch time, and apparently someone followed him from the range back to work and stole the gun from the car.

The police said nothing about him breaking any transport law by making a brief nine hour stop during his legal trip to the range.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Any reason why you couldn't lock your pistol in a small case and bring it inside with you? Discretely of course.

I would be more worried about getting terminated over this than police issues for taking in the car to work then to the range.

Oh, and if you work in a Federal building, I believe this is a Federal felony. Even in the parking garage. So if you transport, don't park in a Federal garage.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    What he said...As long as you have your hand gun unloaded, stored in a case, and secured in the trunk or locked in a gun transfer case/safe if you have no trunk, you are in compliance with MD firearm transport laws...However, it is just good old common sense to not leave your weapons unattended in your vehicle for any length of time, no matter how they are stored; “way too many knucklehead thieves in this local”.

:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom