Votes: 166 52.9%
    • No

Votes: 148 47.1%

• Total voters

ibang1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Will you buy guns after Oct and will you get your HQL?

Everyone here knows we are trying to get our new guns before October and beat the HQL requirements but what about after Oct?

Lets assume majority of the applications are held after October. We all require HQL and again no idea how long that could take. So who is really going to out and buy a new gun? Will gun shops see higher sales after Oct? I don't think so. I believe it will take another year for all of us to go through the HQL and have our guns released.

My fear and thought is that MOM will force dealers into bankruptcy due to lack of sales. So if a gun shop closes what happens to the guns we bought? Do they get moved to another dealer or does MSP take possession?

sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I'm not going to stop buying guns because MD can't get their heads out of their azzes. If I see something I want, I'm going to get the bullcrap HQL and continue buying.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Absolutely, we all need to apply for this BS license ASAP. We all know they won't be set up to provide them. We need to overwhelm them with applications and file a class action lawsuit when they can't provide them.
    Anyone who doesn't apply for the license will make O'Malley a little bit happier.

platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    I plan on getting my hql when I want to get a pistol. Right now I don't have the funds to get everything I want, so I'm concentrating on what will be banned.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Originally, I was adamantly opposed to the fingerprinting requirement... But my opinion is changing...

Now I am thinking of specifically making a purchase on Oct 1.

All I can say, is after all the bs heard down in Annapolis this past session, they had better have all the forms, approval chain... the whole law implemented and ready to go on day 1.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I've been finger printed before, so it's no big deal for me. I'll apply shortly after the law goes into effect. It's important we clog the system to the breaking point. It's going to be an election year and the more bad publicity we can cause, the better chances our candidates have. We need to show the public how badly their representatives have been running things.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Originally, I was adamantly opposed to the fingerprinting requirement... But my opinion is changing...

All I can say, is after all the bs heard down in Annapolis this past session, they had better have all the forms, approval chain... the whole law implemented and ready to go on day 1.

If they don't have it ready on time, it's more grounds for an infringement case. But that will only work if people are applying for licenses.

As far as finger prints and worrying about "the government" having them, how many of us have had their children finger printed?

Mr H

Banana'd
    Not at this time.

I want an accomodation made so that, should you go through the rigamarole to get the HQL, you are provided a "credit" toward being issued a carry permit. Also, an exemption from future waiting periods.

OK... now you have me thinking. You know how dangerous that can be.

:D

The possibilities of this intrigue me.

Last edited:

RRHemi

Mar 1, 2013
    Annapolis, MD
    MD can KMA before I will get a license to own a handgun, it sets a precedence. If this regulated buy doesn't put me in bankruptcy court I plan to support my LGS with other rifle/shotgun purchases.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    I plan on buying. Oh boo hoo hoo my rights are being infringed. Meh I still like guns and am going Oct. 1 to buy a handgun and apply for my HQL.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    she didnt say what year :D

Lol!

Oh yes, Oct 1, 2013.

If the State of MD intends to impede commerce for just one day for any vendor or buyer, they had best be prepared to suffer the consequences.

That means I will be needing my HQL in my hand when I show up in the shop on October 1, 2013 to be in compliance with the new law...

That they created.

The law says a dealer can't SELL me a gun if I don't have a HQL. So in order to conduct the procurement, the HQL must be ISSUED and in my hands on or before October 1, 2013.

The law says that the Secretary has 30 days from my application date to issue the HQL. Backing up from 10/1, 30 business days (which they will use generously for interpretation) is August 19 (excludes Labor Day). So on August 19, I'll be needing that application.

There will be no patience.

Moon

M-O-O-N, that spells...
    Jan 4, 2013
    In Orbit
    I will sign up for it day 1. I know there will be a drop off in regulated purchases after Oct 1, but I'm not letting Napoleon of Annapolis claim he shut down gun sales. But I will join any lawsuit over the infringement of my 2nd Amendment rights when I can't get the permit due to there being nothing in place.

Dec 31, 2012
    Given the current backlog and unknown manner in which handguns will be treated with a purchase order but not released before Oct 1st, I believe I will have to get one.
    That aside, would I get it if I did not have to?
    Yes, there are other things I'd like, finances willing, that I can't get right now.
    My wife as well has been looking at a few things, so she will get an HQL as well.

Don't want to but it is going to be the law, a bad law, but still a law.

They win if I don't continue.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter

...or else? ...you're gonna... Do what?

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    ...or else? ...you're gonna... Do what?

File a complaint.

How far will I go? However far they want me to.

Wanna join me?

Let me give you 3 examples:

If the State of MD prevented me from voting on Election Day, and I requested the registration form before the required application date and had documentation to prove that, Whatdya think would happen?

If the State of MD prevented me from buying a car, because the MVA had no way to issue a drivers license for 6 weeks, Whatdya think would happen?

If the State of MD imposed a new regulation on a hair salon and provided no way for them to be in compliance by the date it took effect, Whatdya think would happen?

Just because they didn't stagger the law appropriately to roll in the licensing prior to the sales requirement, it is not incumbent upon me or the dealer to exercise patience.

This is huge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom