• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Last time I was there it was still the Eastern Outdoor Show. During the week it was so crowded you couldn't move. Is it still the same way?

Depends on the day. This weekend it should be slammed. Probably next weekend too. I always go during the week. Best day is Tues or Wednesday I think.

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    The wife and I went up this afternoon around lunch time. It was crowded but not as bad as I was expecting.

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    Jumped on the bike and went to meet up with some friends that were in town to work the show. First time going. Wow there is a lot to see. Even BMW Motorrad had a couple bikes there. I think next time I'll go during the week and make a day of it.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    Got here late in the afternoon, Sunday.

Parked right beside building.
    Good show, so far.

Headed back there now.

ETA:

Show was PACKED on Monday. Had to park off-site, about a mile away and take shuttle.
    Good show, though.
    Will be going back next year.

Last edited:

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Went yesterday assuming I would not have to shuttle at all. I was wrong it was surprisingly packed..

Was really a complete re-run of last year I may skip out next year, instead make it up there every other year going forward

Abuck

Ultimate Member
    Went in today, got there just before noon, and the on site lots were full and closed. I had a pass, so was able to park near the main entrance. One year I forgot the pass, and had to take the shuttle from off site.
    Even with the lots full, inside I think it was the least crowded that I’ve ever seen. Still a good crowd, but you could spend time chatting at booths, and it was ok for moving around. I’ve been there several times on the weekend when the hall between the rooms was unbelievably jammed up with people. That’s no fun.
    I think I found my day for next year. We did a bit over 4 miles of walking inside. That’s with skipping the Archery room, and half of the big main room. Took a friend’s young daughter, and she was done by then. But it was a real nice trip. Huge props to the Hog Swat crew, as they gave her hats for her and her siblings, and put a patch on her back pack. Funny thing is that that was her brothers favorite booth last year. Their hog sniping vehicle and video reel are eye catching for sure.

CrabbyMcNab

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2009
    Went yesterday, same as previous years, but fun way to spend some time with buddies. If you forgo the fact that everyone is trying to sell you something and enjoy trying different products, it is worth the time. We don’t go for the “celebrities”, and I did get a good deal on a diamondback cover for the tundra.

Scrounger

Jul 16, 2018
    Southern Maryland
    Last year and again this year I parked at Bass Pro at the mall. Less traffic to contend with, free shuttle and they drop you off at the front door. What more could you ask for?

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    A buddy and I arrived around 11am yesterday and found one of the last spots in the parking lot ($10) behind the Main Building (firearms exhibition).

At the point we arrived, the parking flaggers were telling us it was OK to park ON THE YELLOW STRIPED TRIANGLE ZONES at the end of each parking row. Winning!

Great show, with the “Dock Dogs” competition being the best entertainment... as Man’s Best Friends take unbelievable running leaps off a platform chasing rubber duckies floating in a swimming-pool-sized water tank.

In the Fishing Hall, there’s also a 10-foot-tall truck-mounted glass-sided acquarium where celebrity anglers demonstrate their lures (with hooks removed) on a tankful of large-mouth and small mouth bass.

Fun show that is worth the trip!

Abuck

Ultimate Member
    Great show, with the “Dock Dogs” competition being the best entertainment... as Man’s Best Friends take unbelievable running leaps off a platform chasing rubber duckies floating in a swimming-pool-sized water tank.

In the Fishing Hall, there’s also a 10-foot-tall truck-mounted glass-sided acquarium where celebrity anglers demonstrate their lures (with hooks removed) on a tankful of large-mouth and small mouth bass.

Fun show that is worth the trip!

Agreed, watching those dogs yesterday was great. And the hawg trough is a nice way to sit and take a break for a seminar.
    If anyone going has a press pass, you can use it for free parking, even if the lot is closed as full. Just show it and they move the barricades, and wave you by at the booth.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    i was there all day yesterday, from open to close. wow is that a HUGE place! twas a fun day! was a little too crowded for my liking and sure fri/weekend will be worse. really the vendor booths weren't hard to access and talk to them, but the aisles were crowded and just slow walking around. and getting out of there after closing took at least half an hour. but i'm glad i went, lots of firearms vendors and lots of guides though i just don't want to shell out the dough to do a guided vs diy elk hunt, we'll see...

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    i was there all day yesterday, from open to close. wow is that a HUGE place! twas a fun day! was a little too crowded for my liking and sure fri/weekend will be worse. really the vendor booths weren't hard to access and talk to them, but the aisles were crowded and just slow walking around. and getting out of there after closing took at least half an hour. but i'm glad i went, lots of firearms vendors and lots of guides though i just don't want to shell out the dough to do a guided vs diy elk hunt, we'll see...

That's my biggest gripe with most shows... people meander around like lobotomized cattle. Standing three deep in the aisle instead of moving to the side to let others pass, etc. That's the biggest reason I didn't go this year.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I went yesterday. Mainly to meet a friend from LI who took a few days and decided to come down.

Not bad. Sort of a cross between a local show and the SHOT show.

It was good to be able to talk to some of the manufacturers.

And, as per MD law, I did buy a few standard cap mags.

I did see one MDS sweat shirt. The woman wearing it said it was her brother's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom