• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Just a thought, have you checked the firing pin channel liner?

Yea it had a little powder residue but the issue is definitely the slide not going all the way forward and the breech not closing 100% which is causing the off center primer strikes.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Ok good advice. I really appreciate the help. I don’t know how many rounds were fired, as I purchased it used. For now I’ll lube the slide rails more and I’ll probably get back out to the range next weekend. Even if there were a problem with the recoil spring they are fairly inexpensive.

I have the G27 Gen 4 if you want to try a different slide and or the guts. I also live in Aspren Hill and can take the ICC to 29 North bound and be in that area with in 30 minutes if you want to get together to try my Gen 4 guts. Let me know

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Problem didn't crop up until the sights were changed. Lock the slide back and look for polished rub marks on the top of the barrel where the front sight would be above it when in battery. You may also want to field strip the pistol and look for rub evidence on the front sight screw. If there is, the sight tenon could be slightly long or the screw head a little thick. I don't have my Glock with me nor am I super familiar with them so I don't know what the dimensional relationships are there.

Secondly, that is short slide compact shooting a fairly significant high intensity cartridge. Subcompacts can fatigue recoil springs significantly faster than their larger brethren. Since the round count is unknown putting a new recoil spring in is wise. Not only is going into battery an issue with a weak recoil spring, so it bouncing back from battery impact and working against a rather significant striker spring.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I have the G27 Gen 4 if you want to try a different slide and or the guts. I also live in Aspren Hill and can take the ICC to 29 North bound and be in that area with in 30 minutes if you want to get together to try my Gen 4 guts. Let me know

Thats a very generous offer. I did order a new Recoil Spring last night. Are you a member of AGC? Just wondering. I’m up there often if you are not a member and every want some free range time as a guest just let me know. Hopefully by then I’ll have this issue licked...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Problem didn't crop up until the sights were changed. Lock the slide back and look for polished rub marks on the top of the barrel where the front sight would be above it when in battery. You may also want to field strip the pistol and look for rub evidence on the front sight screw. If there is, the sight tenon could be slightly long or the screw head a little thick. I don't have my Glock with me nor am I super familiar with them so I don't know what the dimensional relationships are there.

Secondly, that is short slide compact shooting a fairly significant high intensity cartridge. Subcompacts can fatigue recoil springs significantly faster than their larger brethren. Since the round count is unknown putting a new recoil spring in is wise. Not only is going into battery an issue with a weak recoil spring, so it bouncing back from battery impact and working against a rather significant striker spring.

The hex screw for the sights is very flat less than 1/16” and it does not appear to be scraping the top of the barrel. I do see some wear marks on the bottom of the barrel but it’s very slight.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Just reporting back that replacing the recoil spring solved the problem from what I can tell.

Shot 100 rounds of 9mm and 50 rounds of .40 cal no failures.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Good news. To bad it's a .40 ;)

I think the .40 cal basing reached it’s peak long before I became a member here. However I’ve got to learn whats good and bad on my own I guess. It was a low cost used gun and came with a 9mm conversion barrel. I just ordered a Sig .357 conversion barrel too. So it allows me to gain some subcompact shooting experience in 3 calibers at a low cost.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Hey Chad....I love 40. There. I said it.

Feels better now? No more sleepless nights or checking your post history. I’m sure your friends still accept you.

I’m tell mine, that I went to the gun store and every other caliber was sold out, and the ONLY handgun available was a .40CAL. So I had no choice. They take pity on me and say someday you’ll get a 10mm, and then you can have you man card back.

GlockMafia

Glock and Sig!
    Jul 4, 2015
    Hazard County
    Just reporting back that replacing the recoil spring solved the problem from what I can tell.

Shot 100 rounds of 9mm and 50 rounds of .40 cal no failures.

On any .40 cal Glock, the recoil spring has limited life, I always recommend replacing it at 3k rounds fired, 9mm @ 5k rounds...

And just to make sure, if your gonna lube a Glock, make sure none of it goes into the striker channel, especially lubricants that can break down polymer (Mil-Tec or Rem-oil). If the weapon sits for a long time, the lubricant can distort the polymer channel sleeve. I've always used Hoppe's on the rails and barrel, that's it.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I think the .40 cal basing reached it’s peak long before I became a member here. However I’ve got to learn whats good and bad on my own I guess. It was a low cost used gun and came with a 9mm conversion barrel. I just ordered a Sig .357 conversion barrel too. So it allows me to gain some subcompact shooting experience in 3 calibers at a low cost.

I like the 40. I think it's the only caliber that I have a Glock in each size of.
    Glock 27c
    Glock 23c
    Glock 22c
    Glock 35c
    Glock 24c

glock-27c-upper-view-jpg.383921

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member