• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Walter

May 23, 2010
    http://owingsmills.patch.com/articles/federal-court-lifts-stay-in-maryland-gun-permit-case

Ugh the comments here are just a train wreck...People can be so freaking dumb. 10 bucks says they all voted for OweMalley.

I decided to post. Always fun messing with the libtards. They like to post stupid shit to get our side worked up, so I throw cheap shots right back :D

Here's my comment:

Jenn Gibbons was sexually assaulted on Lake Michigan this past Sunday. Due to the nature of Chicago's anti-self-defense laws, she had no realistic way of protecting herself from the attacker who overpowered her.

Of course liberals prefer it this way and encourage the laws that left this woman defenseless. Better she be raped than hurt the "poor and misunderstood" monster who attacked her.

Thankfully, Judge Legg ruled against that crap. A woman in Maryland will now have the means to defend herself if ever put in a similar situation as Ms. Gibbons.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    No, they don't, but there is no requirement to be a resident of the state to get a permit - the law does not specify resident or non-resident at all, so we can all apply for and get the same permit, resident of Maryland or not.
    WTF, if he is not a resident of Maryland then in essence it is a non resident permit, I mean come on I know it's just wording, but as with Florida it doesn't specify resident or non resident but other states look at it as a non resident permit, try carrying in South Carolina on a Florida permit as a Maryland resident and see how far that gets you when trying to explain it to your arresting officer, let us know how that works out.:innocent0

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    All anyone needs to do is look at his out of state address to see the license is a non resident. Why does it need to say any more than that?

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    I decided to post. Always fun messing with the libtards. They like to post stupid shit to get our side worked up, so I throw cheap shots right back :D

Here's my comment:

Excellent comment. I really like appealing on the woman angle myself. Puts the liberals in a bind, and also speaks directly to the very real concerns very real women have - we need more of them on our side.

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    That is what i expected to hear since they still are going to check on your "fitness".

Oh, and i found this article on a fox news site that say we can stop by a MSP barrack and pick up an application and have them "Take your fingerprints"

http://www.foxbaltimore.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wbff_vid_14328.shtml

according to MSI's website and on trhe state website ,as of April 19 2012 Fingerprint cards are no longer accepted to comply with new FBI standards but must be done electronically. and your app must be submitted within a few days of livescan fingerprints. Dot ur I's and cross your T's everybody.

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    Any chance someone has some time to make a "FAQ about apps" sticky thread. Man we must have 20 new threads asking questions. Something for a list of FAQ with answers.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    WTF, if he is not a resident of Maryland then in essence it is a non resident permit, I mean come on I know it's just wording, but as with Florida it doesn't specify resident or non resident but other states look at it as a non resident permit, try carrying in South Carolina on a Florida permit as a Maryland resident and see how far that gets you when trying to explain it to your arresting officer, let us know how that works out.:innocent0

I was just trying to make the points that:

1) Maryland does not issue separate resident and non resident permits like some states do.

2) Non-residents of MD can still get permits, even though there is not a "non-resident" permit issued.

They're important points, since most other states (maybe all of them?) that don't issue a specific "non-resident" permit will just not issue permits to non-residents at all. Maryland is different in that respect. I wanted to point it out since there might be a misconception that since MD does not issue a specific non-resident permit that non-residents can't get one, which isn't the case.

drblast33

[This Space for Sale ...]
    So, does the State have to request the emergency stay from the Appeals court now? I would think if they planned on it, they would have submitted for this by now. Did I miss something? I wonder if they are going to putting up a fight.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Gura got an extension to July 30. That pushes the State's reply back to the August 14 date.
    Thanks for a real update! I forgot that today was the date to be filed. Can't wait until Monday!

Has there been any movement by the state to file an appeal of the stay?

There has been too much to follow this week... UN Arms Trade Treaty, Stay Lifted, Laughtenburg's proposed amendment, FreePAC & Restoring Love, normal Obama asshattery...

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Thanks for a real update! I forgot that today was the date to be filed. Can't wait until Monday!

Has there been any movement by the state to file an appeal of the stay?

There has been too much to follow this week... UN Arms Trade Treaty, Stay Lifted, Laughtenburg's proposed amendment, FreePAC & Restoring Love, normal Obama asshattery...

We live in interesting times.

mrjam2jab

Jul 23, 2010
    Levittown, PA
    according to MSI's website and on trhe state website ,as of April 19 2012 Fingerprint cards are no longer accepted to comply with new FBI standards but must be done electronically. and your app must be submitted within a few days of livescan fingerprints. Dot ur I's and cross your T's everybody.

What I find interesting about this...FBI says no more print cards...and yet non-residents can still use print cards. ???

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom