• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Before someone says it:

More guns != more crime. This much we can prove without a doubt.

More guns = less crime. It might be true, but we absolutely cannot prove it. More over, spouting something like this will take a big, wet bite out of our collective asses when crime (invariably) fluctuates and happens to go up in a given reporting period.

We're at our best when we stick with facts/truth. More guns does not equal more crime. Your move, Brady/Bloomberg.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Just like the The Wire tells us.... To own the crime rates when the numbers are low is easy but you WILL eventually own those numbers when they go up and they will go up.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    I wonder why the Northeast is behind the curve...
    Violent crime decreased in all four regions: 4.9 percent in the Midwest; 4.7 percent in the West; 4.5 percent in the South and 0.8 percent in the Northeast.

Could it be NY, NJ, & MD gun laws?

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    We have Obama to thank for this drop in violent crime.
    Now that Americans know we will get indefinitely detained without charges or even blown up by armed drones if we're bad, we will be on our best behavior if we know what's good for us.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Before someone says it:

More guns != more crime. This much we can prove without a doubt.

More guns = less crime. It might be true, but we absolutely cannot prove it. More over, spouting something like this will take a big, wet bite out of our collective asses when crime (invariably) fluctuates and happens to go up in a given reporting period.

We're at our best when we stick with facts/truth. More guns does not equal more crime. Your move, Brady/Bloomberg.

Boondock is absolutely right.The Brady campaign backed themselves into a hole by saying "More Guns=More Crime" and that Shall Issue equals blood in the streets.

JMangle

Handsome Engineer
    May 11, 2008
    Mississippi
    I've said it before and I'll say it again (and I know that 99% of you guys agree) -- if you want to cut down on 'gun violence,' you need to punish violent people with guns. That means increasing the time behind bars for every drug-dealer or gang member who is caught with a gun.

With the right sentencing, the criminals will start to equate guns with time behind bars when they get caught (and they all get caught, usually multiple times.)

We need to make sure that we focus the argument with the antis like this: Criminals with guns are the cause of gun violence, not the guy who is going to voluntarily submit to background checks and paperwork to legally acquire and carry a firearm.

Phew, it was nice to get that out.

Jun 30, 2010
    Churchton
    I've said it before and I'll say it again (and I know that 99% of you guys agree) -- if you want to cut down on 'gun violence,' you need to punish violent people with guns. That means increasing the time behind bars for every drug-dealer or gang member who is caught with a gun.

With the right sentencing, the criminals will start to equate guns with time behind bars when they get caught (and they all get caught, usually multiple times.)

We need to make sure that we focus the argument with the antis like this: Criminals with guns are the cause of gun violence, not the guy who is going to voluntarily submit to back ground checks and paperwork to legally acquire and carry a firearm.

Phew, it was nice to get that out.

:thumbup: well said. Now if only some of these die-hard antis didn't have such thick skulls...

Walter

May 23, 2010
    Sucks for the antis. This must be like that movie Groundhog Day for them. Well, perhaps Groundhog Year in this case.

Mr H

Banana'd
    IMO, what shall-issue will mean, is that even though the thug-guns won't be reduced, your average family on the street runs a much higher chance of being left alone.

As it is now, BGs know thay have an almost 100% chance that Joe/Jane Citizen is not able to legally and/or effectively defend himself or herself, or those with them. Enact effective CC laws, and the perceived odds suddenly shift, and will eventually fall in favor of Joe and Jane.

My wife may have said it best. All she wants is the OPTION, and to make a potential BG think, "Is Granny carrying, or not?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom