• K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO

yellowfin

Pro 2A Gastronome
    Jul 30, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    Targeted violence against places of worship dates back as far as recorded history. It's probably the single most prevalent reason for mass murder, often government sanctioned. Quite honestly if we didn't have a well armed country I'd really expect it to be more prevalent here as it has always been worldwide through the centuries. Somehow we like to fool ourselves thinking humanity is supposed to have gotten better--our society being an armed society more than any preceding it or contemporary to it may be the only reason we're as good and peaceable as we are.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Cant wait to hear about all the gun laws we need now to prevent this from happening again....

I can think of one, constitutional carry. It would become a huge deterrent to criminals to not know WHO, besides the cops are able to shoot back. ;)

BondJamesBond

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 2, 2009
    When I was a church goer, I experienced a local bum walking into the church and disrupting the services wanting money. He had to be restrained by the ushers. Luckily he was un-armed, but it could have ended up a lot worse.

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS
    If you ever are interested in early american settlement history read mayflower. its generated from records and letters from settlers. but to the point:

at one point when tensions with some indian tribes were high settlers were required to carry their firearms at all times including on sunday morning to church because the Indians would attack whenever they were normally expected to be unarmed such as when working in the fields or when at church.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    If you are going to commit to CCW it should be 24/7. The main reason I want CCW is so I never have to walk into my house unarmed. I know how many weapons are squirreled away there. I don't want to be defenseless at my front door.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    It baffles me but church shootings don't seem that rare.

Here are just a few:

Milwaukee, Wisconsin: Church, Police Probe 7 Murders
    http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-201_162-679823.html

Colorado Springs, Colorado: 6 Shot At New Life Church; Gunman, 2 Churchgoers Dead
    http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/14808321/detail.html

Knoxville, Tennesee: Church shooter pleads guilty; letter released
    http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2009/feb/10/church-shooter-pleads-guilty-letter-released/

Fort Worth, Texas: Church shooting
    http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/law/july-dec99/shooting_9-16.html

yellowfin

Pro 2A Gastronome
    Jul 30, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    Reasons people would attack churches:

1. Blaming church for bad divorce or other adverse family situation
    2. Rage against social ostracism by members of the church
    3. Fake, imagined, or real past abuse from clergy
    4. Rival religion that thinks the targeted one is evil, corrupting, etc.
    5. Mental illness in and of itself or combined with 1-4.
    6. Targeting of specific individuals for above reasons or other with church being an easy way to find them.

There's a LOT of people out there in those categories. A disturbingly large number. Hence why to me church is one of the most important places to be armed, far from the least as some people mistakenly assert.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I am resurrecting this thread because of the threats ISIS made against churches this Christmas.

The Islamic State is urging its followers to attack U.S. churches and has published names and addresses of thousands of prospective targets, according to a report in the news website Vocativ.

Messages posted in Arabic to the group’s “Secrets of Jihadis” social media site called "for bloody celebrations in the Christian New Year." The post, under the name Abu Marya al-Iraqi, said the Islamic State, also known as ISIL, hopes to tap lone wolf attackers to “turn the Christian New Year into a bloody horror movie,” Vocativ reports.

ISIL issues hit list of U.S. churches for holiday attacks
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/is...hes-for-holiday-attacks/ar-BBxsvf5?li=BBnbcA1

Security agencies warn of terrorist threats to churches
    http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/311692-dhs-fbi-warn-of-isis-threats-to-churches

Federal authorities warned local law enforcement authorities across the nation Friday that ISIS sympathizers are continuing to call for attacks on churches and other holiday gathering sites.

The warning was issued after a publicly available list of U.S. churches was posted on a militants’ social media site. It also came just days after an attack at a Christmas market in Berlin.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...sis-inspired-terror-attacks-article-1.2921916

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    For those of you without the elusive Maryland permits would you have any problem walking into your church with this type of bag to carry your bible, etc?
    dbbd73164f8a4ea0fce8aff8d27bb531.jpg
    If your answer is no then you should be able to lawfully defend yourself in the event of a church based ISIS attack with something like this which fits quite nicely in a messenger bag and is not unlawful to transport in Maryland unloaded. Loaded magazines can be transported in the bag as well just not inserted in the gun unless/until the need arises.
    66fe70d1e4c8d4b6099142c787c2b3f3.jpg

Where there is a will there is a way.

IANAL

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    And I will add that even some shall-issue states have to deal with constant pushes by the liberals to make churches "gun-free" zones, even if the churches don't want to be. And when you think about it, people being afraid to go to church has long been a hallmark of the communists anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom