• ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Shotgun with a bean bag in it?

Impressive and ballsy in any case.

Let's do this. We can do a duel at 20 paces. You use a bean bag gun and I will use one with real rounds. I will also let you bring your knife too. lol

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    It was a shotgun.

Fast forward to about 3 min mark.

Wow...even more ballsy.He must be very comfy with the spread of that pattern, at the distance he was it can't open up much but I'd be speculating on the round used which I have no clue.

Still amazed at the composure of the officer with clear and direct intentions with zero hesitations. Kudos to him, wish there was lots of him all over this country.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Wow...even more ballsy.He must be very comfy with the spread of that pattern, at the distance he was it can't open up much but I'd be speculating on the round used which I have no clue.

Still amazed at the composure of the officer with clear and direct intentions with zero hesitations. Kudos to him, wish there was lots of him all over this country.
    Not enough for sure, fortunately I've worked with many of them.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    So do Police use slugs? BTW: Blaster, I get a ton out of your commentary on stuff like this. Much appreciated.
    Thanks for the compliment. I try to share my .02. At least until my knowledge is no longer pertinent.

I doubt he had a slug. I was listening to the cackling hen who was recording. She said something about "he shot her". I am assuming she might have gotten a pellet somewhere. Pretty sure she was transported.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    "What did you say?"

My guess is her hearing is irreparably damaged. Maybe a concussion to boot.

Don't know about pellet(s) damage.

As soon as I saw the "hostage stance", I'm pretty sure I would have dropped the shotty and gone to pistol. Just too much ancillary "stuff" going on and would have preferred the precision.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Good commentary/post, thanks Blaster.
    Could the officer be standing on the perps weapon to preserve the scene with so many people in the area? In regards to the SEAL comment I would say this officer has maybe been in situations before and had some immunity or tolerance to adrenaline! or can training alone allow such speed in resolving this real time situation? No need to answer that because this seems justified, simple as that.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Good commentary/post, thanks Blaster.
    Could the officer be standing on the perps weapon to preserve the scene with so many people in the area? In regards to the SEAL comment I would say this officer has maybe been in situations before and had some immunity or tolerance to adrenaline! or can training alone allow such speed in resolving this real time situation? No need to answer that because this seems justified, simple as that.

Yeah he needed to preserve the scene. Especially in the ghetto there with all the cop hating local inhabitants swarming around.

This cop could have been any number of my co workers. I know the training we have gone through. The adrenaline rush kicked in when he first got on the scene. Seems the situation had gone on long enough for some to cool down a bit and have a clearer head. I just said the SEAL thing because many Team guys become cops and a lot of West coast Team guys fall in love with Sand Diego.

What has to happen is you have to want to end the threat more than you are afraid of dying. Mindset, skill from training and a wee bit of courage all come to a crossroad right here. When you are in the fight, you have to be the aggressor.
    Like active shooters, this guy has never killed before, has zero training, and limited field of vision. Dumb bad guys with a gun always think they have the power(especially with a hostage shield) and do not expect a full on attack.
    That's my take on these things.
    I got my adrenaline dump after I almost had to shoot someone. Then I pissed my pants. Good thing I was wearing black wranglers that night :)

BTW, aren't you supposed to be researching something? June isn't far away LOL

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Yeah he needed to preserve the scene. Especially in the ghetto there with all the cop hating local inhabitants swarming around.

This cop could have been any number of my co workers. I know the training we have gone through. The adrenaline rush kicked in when he first got on the scene. Seems the situation had gone on long enough for some to cool down a bit and have a clearer head. I just said the SEAL thing because many Team guys become cops and a lot of West coast Team guys fall in love with Sand Diego.

What has to happen is you have to want to end the threat more than you are afraid of dying. Mindset, skill from training and a wee bit of courage all come to a crossroad right here. When you are in the fight, you have to be the aggressor.
    Like active shooters, this guy has never killed before, has zero training, and limited field of vision. Dumb bad guys with a gun always think they have the power(especially with a hostage shield) and do not expect a full on attack.
    That's my take on these things.
    I got my adrenaline dump after I almost had to shoot someone. Then I pissed my pants. Good thing I was wearing black wranglers that night :)

BTW, aren't you supposed to be researching something? June isn't far away LOL

Interesting stuff, thanks for your knowledge. Funny thing, my oldest friend, a Marine who still does .gov contract work (computer) is sent back to the sand often and has settled in San Diego too.
    Very busy the last few days, I'll PM tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom