• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sergei_sem

Aug 4, 2017
    Baltimore
    Is it lawful to order ammo online in bulk to share it and the cost with another person? I found several places but they want to sell you e.g. at least a case of 1,000 of 9mm Luger to get free shipping (and only then it becomes 0.16 per round).

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Online Ammo Wholesale Question Reload this Page Reply to Thread

Thank you! When I started thinking about it though, 1,000 is not that much.

You are correct...

At 100 rounds per trip to the range = 10 trips..

At 50 rounds per trip to the range = 20 trips...

When the Civil War starts 1000 may NOT be enough & ammo probably won't be sold during the conflict...

sergei_sem

Aug 4, 2017
    Baltimore
    I also have this question that I can't figure out myself yet - there are nice handgun options online, but most of them have high capacity mags. The sellers refuse to take the mag out of the box before they ship (not surprising), is there a way for a local gun dealer to discard the mag or ship it back?

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    I also have this question that I can't figure out myself yet - there are nice handgun options online, but most of them have high capacity mags. The sellers refuse to take the mag out of the box before they ship (not surprising), is there a way for a local gun dealer to discard the mag or ship it back?

It is required to be shipped to an FFL in state. Perhaps find an FFL that will exchange the mags for you with 10 rnd ones, or will ship the standard mags to a friend out of MD. Then you can go meet the friend out of MD and take possession of your standard mags. Otherwise the FFL just keeps the mags and you are out of luck.

edit
    If you're looking at the steel cased TULAmmo, better read the comments on that stuff. I'd pay more and not have the hassle that stuff seems to cause.

Last edited:

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    Thank you! When I started thinking about it though, 1,000 is not that much.

It is not. That is about the minimum that i buy, not counting the 555 packs of 22lr from wall to wall mart that i get for a day at the in-laws. Remember what a deal the MSM made of the 200 rounds the congressional ballgame shooter had in a storage locker? A pitance.

Welcome to the forum Sergei Sen. Go to introduction forum if you haven't yet, and say howdy.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    yeah if you pass up on free shipping because you don't want to drop $200 or $300 on a case of handgun or .223 ammo, that is not financially prudent. saving $20 shipping on $2-300 is saving 6-10% of your purchase cost, way more than you're getting on your checking account. it's an investment in inventory!

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD

Many local FFLs will drill and pin the mags to 10 rd or less capacity. It is perfectly legal to leave the state with them, modify them by removing the pin, and return.

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    Many local FFLs will drill and pin the mags to 10 rd or less capacity. It is perfectly legal to leave the state with them, modify them by removing the pin, and return.

And that's only IF they will ship them. Like Serg is running into, most online sellers either 1) simply refuse to deal with the mag issue by not shipping to MD or 2) remove the illegal mags prior to shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom