• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006

County Cork Wine Pub... it was the hottest new place in Eldersburg for about 6 months, then the quality went downhill. Last time I ate there, the fish in my fish and chips was still nearly frozen in the middle. At least they refunded me HALF the price of my entree. :sad20: I've never been back.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Since we're on the Eldersburg food theme...
    My wife is a Jersey Girl and VERY picky about pizza. She loves Franks Pizza in the strip mall with Safeway. It is the only MD pizza shop she says is outstanding.

I haven't been there in about 13 years, but when I lived in Eldersburg the 'missus' and I loved that place. I still talk about today.

In Westminster, Robertos is very good as well.

If I'm ever down that way for dinner, I'll have to try Los Aztecas.

5cary

On the spreading edge of the butter knife.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2007
    Sykesville, MD
    I can walk to downtown Eldersburg. Been there for about 16 years now.

Franks: Hands down the best pizza in around. It's thin crust (their normal pizza...they do other varieties). I DONT like it for carry out though. It gets soggy fast. But to eat in, it is the best (I grew up in Queens NY, and it takes me back). They're moving soon to the same center as Oscars. Apparently they are working on doing more delivery and getting a liquor license...and rumor has it they won't move until another exit is added to that lot (thank God).

J&Y Sushi: I'm not a sushi lover, but every now and then I agree to it with the wife. She loves that place, and I've never had a bad piece from there. *REALLY* nice people.

Los Azteca: Went when they first opened. Never been back. It was so-so. But that's based on a single visit.

Oscar's remains my favorite Eldersburg hangout, mostly because of the beer selection.

toddtrain

Sep 19, 2012
    Carroll County MD
    I've seen the place up there. Might have to surprise my wife one day with a dinner there. It has been a while since we have had good Mexican food. Thanks for the review.

Any chance you, or anybody else here, has tried the sushi place in Eldersburg. It is just east of Aztecas. I'd like some opinions on it too. Believe it across route 26 from Arbys.

J&Y is some of the best sushi you will get anywhere. It is nothing fancy inside but the food is amazing.

toddtrain

Sep 19, 2012
    Carroll County MD
    I hear Basta Pasta in the Eldersburg exchange is getting excellent reviews also. It just opened this past week.

You can never go wrong with Oscars, Kismet for Breakfast, and Franks for Pizza.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Franks:
    They're moving soon to the same center as Oscars. Apparently they are working on doing more delivery and getting a liquor license...and rumor has it they won't move until another exit is added to that lot (thank God).

That parking lot is a #@$%! monument to stupidity. Only one way out, and all right-turning traffic gets backed up behind left-turning traffic - and good luck trying to make that left without getting nailed by speeding cars, because they've obstructed visibility with stupid plantings. I would happily pay $50 to see the idiot owner(s) of that property tarred and feathered on pay-per-view.

Los Azteca: Went when they first opened. Never been back. It was so-so. But that's based on a single visit.

Los Aztecas is a conundrum. Great food, but horrible wait staff. I waited forever for my meal there last weekend, and it was cold when it got to me. I was PO'ed, but I was so hungry by that time I decided to grin and bear it.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    That parking lot is a #@$%! monument to stupidity. Only one way out, and all right-turning traffic gets backed up behind left-turning traffic - and good luck trying to make that left without getting nailed by speeding cars, because they've obstructed visibility with stupid plantings. I would happily pay $50 to see the idiot owner(s) of that property tarred and feathered on pay-per-view.

Based on google maps, that looks like it's the shopping center that used to have George's Supermarket and (not sure if it's still there) Carmen's Barber Shop. When it was built, there was NOTHING else on that road and I think it was a dead-end for years if I recall. Then they built the professional center behind Mobil and eventually connected the road with Londotown Blvd., but still traffic was nothing. There was no problem with the exit/entrance back then.

So, in fairness, it was fine when it was built, but it might be time for some updating.

J.T

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    MD
    I hear Basta Pasta in the Eldersburg exchange is getting excellent reviews also. It just opened this past week.
    Same as Basta Pasta in Timonium??

Edit: Their website says yes. Thats Awesome! Had no idea they opened in eldersburg

5cary

On the spreading edge of the butter knife.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2007
    Sykesville, MD
    Same as Basta Pasta in Timonium??

Edit: Their website says yes. Thats Awesome! Had no idea they opened in eldersburg

Yep. In the same park that Athens Health Club moved to across from the self storage on 26. There's also a Subway in there, and I have NO idea how they stay in binness.

Wife and I were talking about trying Basta just yesterday.

J.T

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    MD
    Yep. In the same park that Athens Health Club moved to across from the self storage on 26. There's also a Subway in there, and I have NO idea how they stay in binness.

Wife and I were talking about trying Basta just yesterday.

If it's anything like the Timonium location the food is really really good.

cww

Jan 28, 2010

because their is always people eating in there and they do a lot of take out.

Cbrem

Jan 2, 2017
    Carroll County
    Haven't been to J&Y but my daughter says it is really good. Salernos is good, check them out. When you do, please leave the nice waitress a good tip. (my daughter)

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Haven't been to J&Y but my daughter says it is really good. Salernos is good, check them out. When you do, please leave the nice waitress a good tip. (my daughter)

Sorry but, Salernos food sucks. Not your daughters fault, she is the nice waitress not the horrible cook.

EKing

NRA Benefactor
    Aug 12, 2016
    Sykesville
    I keep wanting to try that place. My wife, without ever setting foot in there but just looking at the building, has re-named it "Diarrhea Dragon" and refuses to set foot there. :rolleyes:

Agreed, the building is not much to look at on the outside, but on the inside it's a nice little restaurant.
    I took my daughter there a couple weeks ago for daddy-daughter night. She loved it. The seating is a little tight, not much room between tables but they get plenty of business, the prices are about what one would expect for sushi. Service is good, glad I went there.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine

You can never go wrong with Oscars, Kismet for Breakfast, and Franks for Pizza.

Just drove past there today and noticed Pasta Basta.

Also agree on Oscar's, love that place!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom