• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drive_accord_ingly

Aug 1, 2007
    MoCo
    I bought a can and it needs to be form 3'ed to Md. How long does it take for ATF to process a form3 currently?

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    OP, are you going trust or individual? I don't think you will make the cut off date for a trust. I hope I am wrong for your sake......

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    I'm at 3 months waiting for a form 3. Silencershop tracks them as well. Seems to be about 4 months on the latest approvals.

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    Not if you do the piwered by Silencershop. They take care of everthing.

http://www.silencershop.com/buy-it-local

I have not done this myself but that is how I read it. It has also been explained this way to me.

Your local FFL has to process your form 4. Silencer shop may handle the intial paperwork and take all the payments but they cannot process the form4. They partner with local shops to lower the transfer fees and handle the Form4 paperwork, hence the need to form 3 the item to the local FFL.

drive_accord_ingly

Aug 1, 2007
    MoCo
    This is for the form 3 from the distributor to the MD dealer. After it gets to the MD dealer, then he has to form 4 the suppressor to me. It looks like I'll not see that suppressor until the new rules go into effect, eh?

94hokie

Mar 29, 2015
    Severna Park, MD
    Your local FFL has to process your form 4. Silencer shop may handle the intial paperwork and take all the payments but they cannot process the form4. They partner with local shops to lower the transfer fees and handle the Form4 paperwork, hence the need to form 3 the item to the local FFL.

The shops that are part of the powered by system have signed deals with silencershop so that silencershop is acting as their agent. They e-mailed me a copy of the form 4 for mine and it is filled out in the name of my local ffl

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    This is for the form 3 from the distributor to the MD dealer. After it gets to the MD dealer, then he has to form 4 the suppressor to me. It looks like I'll not see that suppressor until the new rules go into effect, eh?

Yep, the new rules only effect how trusts are handled. No changes to the individual submission process. It looks like the current wait for form 3 is about 1 month and form 4 is another 90-120 days according to NFA tracker. That's a lot better than the 6-9 months it took a year or so ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom