Recommendations for a .45 ACP suppressor host?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rtruhn

Sep 12, 2013
    Gwynn Oak
    I have an AWC Nexus II can in NFA jail. Assuming thread and caliber adapters are available, I plan to host in on 9mm handguns and my Glock JRC in addition to a .45. I intend to have it on hand mostly for home defense but also some range time for practice, certainly.

I have 9mm hosts set up (P229 and Glock 19), but only own 1911s without threaded barrels or rails, which makes them less than ideal for this application. I'm considering S&W M&P and Glock for .45 hosting but am open to suggestions. My criteria are (1) threaded barrel (of course), (2) rail, (3) 10+ round capacity, and (4) a sub-$1K price tag if at all possible.

What do you run that you really, really like?

Whitty Whit

Mar 20, 2013
    Seems like everyone does the glock, fnx or usp tactical. I would try the sig p227 to be different. I loved shooting the p220 silenced and i would imagine the p227 would be great as well.

sundaeman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 16, 2008
    I don't have one currently, but perhaps a threaded BarSto 1911 barrel ($315)? ( I know- no rail, but something to look at )

Not that I want to discourage you at all from a HK45T/CT, Glock 21T, or SIG.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    HK USP45 Tactical. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      73.9 KB · Views: 309
    Last edited:

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    HK USP45Tactical. Excellent gun. already has correct sights. very reliable. Have used several cans on them over the years. The johns guns .45 pistol can ran on it and it doesnt even have a linear decoupler. all the LID cans i've put on them work fine too.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Or the FNX45 Tacticals. They're more around the $1200 mark, but they're harder to find typically though our distributor has a few in stock.

imageContent.do

Mmmmmm

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I have a Remington 1911 with a TB and factory high sites. Any quality gun with high sites would work.

rtruhn

Sep 12, 2013
    Gwynn Oak
    Useful comments deserve a thoughtful response.

I love my 1911s. I'll never let mine go. I may add a TB at some point, but it still won't be the ideal host. Ordinarily I reserve SA for range applications, but really I'm not holstering a handgun with a suppressor attached, so not quite the downside it might otherwise be. Still no way to attach a light, though, and a relatively minimal payload.

I had a SIG P220. Terrific, terrific handgun with an excellent trigger. Sold it to (irony of ironies) fund a suppressor buy. I frankly enjoyed my 1911s a lot more. If I still had it, I'd buy a TB and I would have the DA/SA setup - but still no rail, still a small payload. SIG P227 is a nice choice, but probably a little spendy for what you get in comparison to the others.

The HK USP Tactical looks like a heck of a handgun - high night sights are a real plus. Prices on GB seem to run in the $1K range, and I think I would see whether they come out with a 45 version of the VP9 - I like its ambi ergonomics and built-in variance in grip sizing very much.

The FNX seems ideal in design and construction for this purpose - high night sights, option to add a red dot, 15-round payload - but again it's quite pricey, and I'm not sure how well it will fit in the hand.

I have a Glock 19 that I had dialed-in by Hatfields Gunsmithing in VA - so excellent that it obviated the need for the other midsize 9mms in my arsenal. (Hence the listing of the P239 in the classifieds.) I have a strange hand-fit circumstance (thick palms; little, stubby fingers) so it takes some doing. Being able to buy a relatively low-cost Glock and getting it tuned to my needs for a total price of many of the others on this list is really appealing.

I suppose an M&P 45 is not out of the question either.

shooter682

Jun 2, 2013
    Lexington Park MD
    I have the FNX 45 Tactical shoots real nice easy to maintain, and pre FSA2013 came with three 15 round mags, along with a great carry case for the gun, mags accessories and a spot for your can.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    I'm looking for a good reliable S&W 1911 (government 5") threaded barrel as a host for a suppressor. Any body have experience/recommendation in this area? Which TB is the best way to go?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom