• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Isn't MD a two party notification state? Basically if you're anywhere where you might have a reasonable expectation of privacy, you have to notify people before you record them. I would think that many ranges would be considered to have some level of REP because if you're not a member, you're not allowed there.

JMD2004

Aug 9, 2017
    Lexington Park
    Isn't MD a two party notification state? Basically if you're anywhere where you might have a reasonable expectation of privacy, you have to notify people before you record them. I would think that many ranges would be considered to have some level of REP because if you're not a member, you're not allowed there.

you may be right. Plus i know a lot of people who wouldn't want to be filmed at a public range anyway..guns with no papers etc...you may be asking for trouble. At the very least you should let it be known what you want to do...and see what reaction there is.

Petar

Nov 18, 2010
    Really bad idea, even if it was legal... just imagine, you make a social media post of the weekend trip to the range a day after you told your old lady you could not make the family trip to visit the mother-in-law because the boss wanted you to work the entire weekend.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Really bad idea, even if it was legal... just imagine, you make a social media post of your weekend trip to the range a day after you told you old lady you could not make the family trip to visit the mother-in-law because the boss wanted you to work the entire weekend.
    2:

Depends on the range.. what type of activity. see lots of cameras during matches (idpa etc.) With no issues..

If you think you need a camera on you while just paper shooting.. I'd rather find a safer range with rso..

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    As long as it's video only, in a public place, I think it's legal in MD. Hopefully different at a private facility (home, membership only club, etc), but IANAL and will leave this to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    To be in your lane or whatever you're doing at the range see some guy gawking then reach up to the "body cam" mounted on his T Shirt and press record, "beep beep" and walk over to you. Pretty weird shit.

I'm not sure how much "Reasonable expectation of privacy" can be considered even at a private club/range. The general public is still there even though you need private property rules to be there.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Good discussion covering many points but note that the title included other circumstances (elsawhere) where your safety may be involved.

Cell phone videos are everywhere but you have to hold the phone. Not a body camera.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Good discussion covering many points but note that the title included other circumstances (elsawhere) where your safety may be involved.

Cell phone videos are everywhere but you have to hold the phone. Not a body camera.

Buy one and wear it around and let's us know how you like it. Unless you only wear Hawaiian shirts I'll suggest the magnet mount. It weighs like 6/7 ozs and constantly pulls the neck of your shirt down, stretching it out.

JMD2004

Aug 9, 2017
    Lexington Park
    Matches at sanctioned events are usually filmed for any question of accuracy of results etc..so there i wouldn't think it is an issue. But at a private range or just an open shoot i think you'd find people against the idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom