Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Maryland Regional Discussions > Southern Maryland
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old April 27th, 2019, 10:38 AM #11
waiting for the zombies

waiting for the zombies

well I would suggest renting a husqvarna zero turn from someplace.... like a United Rentals (shameless plug I work at the Annapolis branch) and try it out and see what you think of it. then if you like it you can buy a new one!

I stand for the Republic of the United States not the United States Government. Remember there is a big difference between the two. ( Me )

Bunch of sharp pointy things
Bunch of things that go Bang!

Just waiting for the Zombies to come to the door.
Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2019, 11:01 AM #12

For those in Calvert following this in Calvert. The Lions club of Calvert is selling raffle tickets for a John Deere 42” zero turn mower. They were selling the tickets at Giant in Lusby this morning.
parttimer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2019, 12:39 PM #13

So LJ Elter in Huntingtown does not do in home demos or any demos at all really. They also had a limited inventory, however they did actually have a Tiger Cat that I was after. I still want to look at JD and haven’t made a final decision.

I did also stop by 231 Farm supply and looked at the Husqvaranas but I just wasn’t a fan.

Lusby Motor Company to look at JD up next. I’ll report back if they have in home demos but I suspect they don’t.
CaptChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2019, 01:08 PM #14
@therange

@therange

No problems with our Kubota HD Pro 60" 6 - 7 yrs old now? You are welcome to try out here
Old April 27th, 2019, 02:28 PM #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
No problems with our Kubota HD Pro 60" 6 - 7 yrs old now? You are welcome to try out here
Thanks for the offer! Love those but way outta the price range for me. I feel their middle line is bested by other brands but their big boys are great (with a price tag to match!).

So Lusby Motor Company in Prince Frederick was great (just like every other time Iíve been there). If you ask about any decent sized mower they take you right through the back to talk to Wes the mechanic. Heís no BS, tells you straight up what is what. They do have a loaner for in home demo but itís a Toro ZMaster 5000 which I donít think I want to get used to.

I think Iím even more confused after today so back to the drawing board. I really liked the MyRide and smoothness of controls of the Toros but liked the seating position and power of the JD Z915E. I went looking for the Z930M but they didnít have any and it seems that is more machine than I need.
CaptChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2019, 06:10 PM #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitwtom View Post
If you're talking about the one near LaPlata, they also have a shop in Hollywood, St.Mary's might be a little bit closer. I've had good luck with 231 Farm Supply near Benedict.
Hugh C. Gardner is only like 6 miles from the bridge. You can test drive there and/or at home. I have a very hilly (45+ degree) property and had ruled out ZT mowers due to my hills and their tendency to nose dive down hills because of the gimbaled front wheels. Cub Cadet makes a Pro Z 100 ZT that has a steering wheel that turns the front wheels. This thing is amazing and much safer that a standard 4wd tractor. I can do 360s on the previously mentioned slopes using their pro grade 60" mower deck. These are far superior to the standard lever controlled ZTs on slopes.

If you have a flat <15 degree lawn, the standard ZTs are cheaper.

A condition of my sale was a successful test at my place on the hills that have tried to kill me using my old JD 400 in the past. Nothing like fishtailing down a steep slope on a lawn tractor to get your attention. :-)

Mine has the Kawasaki fx730V pro grade engine that has great torque and will cruise up the aforementioned hills w/o missing a beat. I'm on 2.4 acres w/ trees etc. It took about 3+ hours to mow w/ the jd 400 60" deck. I can do the lawn in under an hour using the Z 100. The mower deck is also 11 gauge steel that further lowers the center of gravity.
hobiecat590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2019, 05:03 PM #17

I recently bought a zero turn from "Busy Corner Buggies" in Mechanicsville. They sell Exmark and Bad Boy models. Not sure about the "demo at home" allowance, but the owner, Chris, was extremely helpful and nice about everything. He offered to let me try it out at his place before I decided to buy - I didn't ask about demoing at home.
GenoBluzGtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2019, 05:21 PM #18
This IS my Happy Face

This IS my Happy Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksmith101 View Post
I have a Gravely 48" I bought used and in 3 years have had 0 problems.
I have A ZT HD48 Gravely, also 3years old, with about 100 hours. Bought from Elter, and have gotten superior service.
Old May 22nd, 2019, 07:13 PM #19

hc Gardiner. Hollywood, MD and La Platta (I think). I demo'd my CC ZT100 there and could have tried any of them. They also do Kabota. Sale was subject to my final approval at home. If it didn't pass my hill test, it would have gone back.

They are about 9 or so miles away from Lusby.

https://www.hughcgardinerinc.com/
hobiecat590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2019, 09:42 PM #20

JD Z930M

I just bought a John Deere Z930M, last August, and love it! When I did my research, the 7 Iron Pro deck and the Scag Velocity Plus deck had the best reputation for mowing tall, damp grass with less clumping than other brands. Given how wet it’s been here, over the last couple of years, that’s what mattered most to me. They both also excel in dry conditions, too. I got the 60” deck and mow 3 acres at my house. If you can, get the suspension seat. It may only be available on the M and R series, but the seat with the black stripes is real comfortable and was just upgraded in 2018. Good luck with your search!
Kcruz2189 is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Maryland Regional Discussions > Southern Maryland