• ...and so much more!
  • iSHOOT

Jan 6, 2010
    AA County
    im so glad saw this thread. perfect way to end the night:lol:

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    It's just things they ask for different things as SOP. When I got bit by dogs, they always asked for information on the dog and the owner and wanted you to fill out reports and such. You can always just refuse to give them information about the "how it happened" and just tell them information about the wound itself..."A dog that I know for a fact does not have rabies bit my right hand as I was picking food off the ground. I have multiple puncture wounds and one large laceration from me punching it on the side of the head, causing it's k9 to rip the skin there"...or in ure case, "there is a .17 inch BB approximately 3/4 inch in my hand here...". If they probe in to how it happened, you can always just refuse to tell them.

In my experience refusing to rat out a family member's dog, they tend to act pissy and make you wait longer for treatment.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    It's just things they ask for different things as SOP. When I got bit by dogs, they always asked for information on the dog and the owner and wanted you to fill out reports and such. You can always just refuse to give them information about the "how it happened" and just tell them information about the wound itself..."A dog that I know for a fact does not have rabies bit my right hand as I was picking food off the ground. I have multiple puncture wounds and one large laceration from me punching it on the side of the head, causing it's k9 to rip the skin there"...or in ure case, "there is a .17 inch BB approximately 3/4 inch in my hand here...". If they probe in to how it happened, you can always just refuse to tell them.

In my experience refusing to rat out a family member's dog, they tend to act pissy and make you wait longer for treatment.

funny thing you said that.. on our way home from bahamas.. the woman who was feeding our cat bit her. she went to see her doctor to have it checked out and get the bite cleaned.. seems the doctor called the health department and they wanted to quarantine the cat or even put him down coz he may be a feral cat. my wife gave them hell.. :sad20:

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Was it this one?

pict2766.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg

I had one of these!!

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    Did the MSP show up or county police? My wife use to work in the ER in LaPlata and said that they are asked to report injuries involving BB guns, stabbings, or gun shots, or any injuries that were the result of an assaults. It's not the first time people here have heard of the MSP pushing their policies or adgendas on the public... cough-cough-ammo log-cough.

Word of warning, if you or your kids ever get in an ATV or dirtbike accident, do not tell the ER staff that it was from either. Tell them you fell out of a tree, or wrecked your bicycle, fell on a skateboard, or anything but what actually happened. The ER staff is required by the MSP to report any ATV or dirtbike accidents even when they happen off-road on private property. Before you leave the ER the MSP will show up and they will conduct interviews and fill out an accident report. I guess you can excersice your rights and not to talk to the police but the MSP will be very persistant to get the information for the report.

krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    Oh for pete sake.

The bb hit a rock, came back into my hand.

Happy?

And that last post was in jest, I was laughing reading this whole thing.

Thanks everybody for making the 4 1/2 hour stay in the waiting room at the E.R. more tolerable.

I'm honestly a little freaked out about this, it feels like it's possibly either a pinched nerve or blood vessel in my finger, and I'm studying to be a chiropractor, so I'm worried about any possible permanent damage in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom