• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

JAP7.62

JAP 7.62
    Jan 7, 2011
    eastern shore Md.
    I'm just a young guy who's getting into shooting. I don't have any war stories to share, or 20 years worth of a collection to show off. I contribute when I have something to say, but at the end of the day thats not more than 100 posts a year.

I can't help you on your AK build or tell you the differences between a gen3 and gen4 glock. Maybe I just don't feel like reiterating how fugly high point carbines are on the 7th page of a thread. Most of the time I just like reading what everyone else has to say about things. Thats my personality. If that makes me some evil information farming lurker then I apologize.

Not being able to view the off topic stuff isn't the end of the world, but this whole thing sure feels alienating to the guys with lower post counts. This is a sport/culture/right that needs all the support it can get. Stuff like this just pushes people away. /rant

I kind of agree with this guy. Its a blog and as a member I would like to be able to read all that is in it, gun related,politics, or off the wall topics. After all, we are all gun enthusiasts and I for one would like to hear what we all have to say about everything as it is most likely from like minded individuals. I would agree with maybe a posting restriction in certain forums until a reputation or certain post count has been acheived but not an out right ban on viewing forums or posts until some arbitrary decision be made to allow it. :tdown:

HardHatMan

FBHO
    Jul 14, 2009
    Virginia
    there's not much to learn from the water cooler.. most of the good stuff are from other parts of the site.. ;)

Big +1 to that :thumbsup:

When I joined, I knew almost nothing about guns. Now I can hang with the regulars in gun discussions. I have learned more about guns and gun laws from this site than I could of have ever imagined. This site rocks and the water cooler is just a bonus to participate in some good (most of the time :)) debates. I don't care if you're a repub, a dem, a libertarian, a tea partier, we are all here for the same reason... our love for the second amendment. Kudos to everyone who fights the good fight.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    watercooler.jpg

Jan 16, 2011
    Towson
    there's not much to learn from the water cooler.. most of the good stuff are from other parts of the site.. ;)

Its not really about access to the water cooler, thats just what opened up the can of worms. Its the attitude by some that these members are bad because they do not post a lot. There are other ways of contributing besides posting your opinions all over the board. There should be nothing wrong with joining MSI, surfing MD Shooters, and soaking it all up. :cool:

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    Its not really about access to the water cooler, thats just what opened up the can of worms. Its the attitude by some that these members are bad because they do not post a lot. There are other ways of contributing besides posting your opinions all over the board. There should be nothing wrong with joining MSI, surfing MD Shooters, and soaking it all up. :cool:

I think it's a mistake to read it as "these members are bad because they don't post a lot". I don't think that's the issue that's driving this.

I believe the fact is that there are some anti gun people that register on this site, then search the forum for posts that when taken out of context can harm the gun community in Maryland. This is an attempt to allow some of the off-topic debate without it surfacing elsewhere in ways none of us would like.

I'd hate for members who are getting into the sport to feel it's somehow personally directed at them. You're very welcome here.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    This clandestine guy must have gotten a lot of them by now :lol2:

I dont get them, I give them. ;)

About the Original Topic; just go with the flow, and post when you can, and build a repor. You will be free to roam the site and post wherever in no time. DD214 has his reasons for this new policy, and they have to be honored, its his house, his rules.

Seriously, theres alot of great people here, theres aonly a few people who live to debate everything under the sun. These people disagree just to disagree. Im a quite regular poster and I only have like 10 mortal enemies here on MDS (5 are employees of a Famous Local Indoor Range, One is a Doctor of some type, and the other 4 are Retards).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom