• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TDS

Sep 17, 2013
    Does it come with the new spring you will need? I cannot watch the video at work.

From the Website.
    Assembly is easy, you simply remove the baseplates from your magazines and then lock them together with the Mag Double, no tools required. You don’t need to modify the magazines in any way, and you can combine them or revert them back to their normal configuration in under a minute.

Now one Magazine has the opening down and one is up into the rifle. How can it feed all 60? You need to remove the ASSY and re-insert it with the bottom magazine opening facing up.

I guess it doesn't matter how it works since it's illegal for us to own.

TDS

Sep 17, 2013
    I'd say it would not be legal to put it together in state. But it looks pretty terrible. Why would you want that? Probably a great way to make a reliable mag unreliable.

Could you assemble it out of state? How could you possibly prove the location in which it was assembled?

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    You don't need a new spring. It uses the two springs from the original mags.

I would bet, that there is a spacer that goes between the two springs.

But since it feeds all the rounds without a swap, IMO, it would be illegal.

A jungle clip (or duct tape) would be OK.

OK, Looked it up on my phone. It comes with a plate to lock the 2 springs together.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    Could you assemble it out of state? How could you possibly prove the location in which it was assembled?

You/they can't. But if somehow they do, you are guilty of a crime. Step 1 is don't incriminate yourself.

As you are quickly learning, MD firearm laws are pretty much the dumbest thing on earth. They do more to criminalize the law abiding citizen than they do to deter crime.

Also - that double magazine is ... no, just..no. The Magpul 60 round drumb is prob the best option for that kind of capacity. You would have to purchase it out of state. They are very reliable, but a b*tch to load or unload. I can load 5 - 30 round magazines in the time it takes to load one of those.

TDS

Sep 17, 2013
    You/they can't. But if somehow they do, you are guilty of a crime. Step 1 is don't incriminate yourself.

As you are quickly learning, MD firearm laws are pretty much the dumbest thing on earth. They do more to criminalize the law abiding citizen than they do to deter crime.

Maybe the goal is to make us so confused that we're afraid to do anything. A type of self policing.

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    I guess it doesn't matter how it works since it's illegal for us to own.

It is not illegal to own. MD does not restrict possession, it prohibits manufacturing and transfers. It is illegal to assemble in MD. If you assemble it in a state that allows that, you can then import the assembly into MD and legally possess it.

You don't need to prove the location where it was assembled, the prosecutor would need to do that. Self incrimination is not unusual though.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    Maybe the goal is to make us so confused that we're afraid to do anything. A type of self policing.

The goal is to deter gun crime. The problem is that the average policy making democrat couldn't tell you one factual thing about firearms, and therefore rely on bad data and unsound logic.

Secondarily, criminals don't give a rats behind about the laws in place. These laws do nothing, and in fact encourage crime due to the general knowledge that the MD populous is large unarmed.

You won't find larger group of folks more concerned with following the law, in general, than on this forum. That said, we toss and turn constantly over the vague, undefined, and largely unenforceable laws that are forced upon us, that are at best open to interpretation.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I’d be more concerned about reliability than legality. Magpul makes a 60 round drum and Surefire makes a 60 and 100 round mag. Now I’m thinking of trying to make a 200 round mag ;)
    (Out of state)

Attachments

• DB2AA210-9F84-4F5E-8AA4-6789DC14228B.jpg
      DB2AA210-9F84-4F5E-8AA4-6789DC14228B.jpg
      101.7 KB · Views: 299

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    It is not illegal to own. MD does not restrict possession, it prohibits manufacturing and transfers. It is illegal to assemble in MD. If you assemble it in a state that allows that, you can then import the assembly into MD and legally possess it.

You don't need to prove the location where it was assembled, the prosecutor would need to do that. Self incrimination is not unusual though.

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^

Beat me to it.

WildWeasel

Mar 31, 2019
    MI>FL>MD
    Legality aside, the only time I want 2 feet of ammo hanging off my firearm is because its belt fed. Magpul 60s from out of state or bust.

randyho

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2009
    Not His Happy Place
    Step 1 is don't incriminate yourself.
    Yes, please.
    10 years ago I did not believe this. I'm better now.
    Also - that double magazine is ... no, just..no. The Magpul 60 round drumb is prob the best option for that kind of capacity. You would have to purchase it out of state. They are very reliable, but a b*tch to load or unload. I can load 5 - 30 round magazines in the time it takes to load one of those.
    Where's the *like* button?! I was gonna respond with all of the above #troof #SPDFTW

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012

They probably can't prove anything, but why risk it? Buying or assembling a mag outside of MD is fine. I belong to a couple gun ranges in PA. So any mods like this would, of course, have been done in PA. Anything I buy comes from gunshows or dealers in PA or DE.

And of course, ranges have guest policies, so you might very well visit one yourself.

It's legal to own a larger magazine in MD. You just have to buy it somewhere else.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

Yes it’s legal. You must buy and assemble it out of state. After you do both of those things, bring it back to Maryland. Perfectly legal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    The goal is to deter gun crime. The problem is that the average policy making democrat couldn't tell you one factual thing about firearms, and therefore rely on bad data and unsound logic.

Secondarily, criminals don't give a rats behind about the laws in place. These laws do nothing, and in fact encourage crime due to the general knowledge that the MD populous is large unarmed.

You won't find larger group of folks more concerned with following the law, in general, than on this forum. That said, we toss and turn constantly over the vague, undefined, and largely unenforceable laws that are forced upon us, that are at best open to interpretation.

The goal has never been to deter gun crime, not ever. The goal is to CONTROL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TDS

Sep 17, 2013
    They probably can't prove anything, but why risk it? Buying or assembling a mag outside of MD is fine. I belong to a couple gun ranges in PA. So any mods like this would, of course, have been done in PA. Anything I buy comes from gunshows or dealers in PA or DE.

And of course, ranges have guest policies, so you might very well visit one yourself.

It's legal to own a larger magazine in MD. You just have to buy it somewhere else.

By this logic, why own any magazines larger than 10 rounds? Why risk it if MD has a general 10 round limit?
    If you can buy a 30-40 round magazine out of state, why cant I assemble a 60 round magazine out of state as well?

TDS

Sep 17, 2013
    is there a way to legally own? yes. is it something you should waste your time and money on? no

Imagine a scenario where someone has access to a 3D printer and can create this part for 50 cents. Maybe you wouldn't want to waste 2 hours driving to PA to buy an overpriced drum magazine (that may not even be in stock) to bypass a nonsense law.
    I consider myself a responsible gun owner and I just want clear answers so I can follow the law.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom