• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Maryland will be switching to paper ballots and scanners for voting on election day.
    The electronic voting machines that can easily be hacked or compromised will only be used for early voting apparently.

I am quite confident "paper" will only be around when or while a Republican is in higher office . . . I predict that, as soon as a one party system is back in complete control (back to "normal'), their shenanigans will be back to normal, as well!

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    This is only a partial solution as they will still be allowed for early voting, which the Dems pushed HARD for. Voter ID is absolutely essential to have a fair election. For the record, I have NEVER been asked for ID to vote. When I take it out, they don't even bother to look.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    The electronic balloting isn't as important to the Democrats as a cheating mechanism as it recently was, because they've effectively gerrymandered the state so Republicans are divided and conquered by district anyway.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    This is only a partial solution as they will still be allowed for early voting, which the Dems pushed HARD for. Voter ID is absolutely essential to have a fair election. For the record, I have NEVER been asked for ID to vote. When I take it out, they don't even bother to look.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I always figured the big push by MOM and his minions for "legal" driver's licenses in Md for illegal aliens was in preparation for "photo IDs". Of course the licences won't say what country they're from, only what city, such as, Takoma Park, Hyattesville etc.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Paper or electronic, we all know that the only thing that matters is who's counting.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    At least with paper ballots there is something to compare machine counts to. The electrons in the current machines don't hang around for a recount if needed.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Please elaborate I vote in Maryland every election and have never been asked to show ID to prove who I am or that I am registered. Asking a couple of questions is not showing positive ID.

But you're not dead. Only the dead are asked to produce ID. Even a telephone listing or Facebook ID is good...

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    At least with paper ballots there is something to compare machine counts to. The electrons in the current machines don't hang around for a recount if needed.

But once the paper is scanned it appears that there are no paper ballots to tally for a recount. Which makes me wonder
    EXACTLY WHAT IS DONE WITH THE SCANNED PAPER BALLOTS?

Gambler

¿Got Freedom?
    Oct 30, 2011
    Parkville
    Great so now the enlarged D voting regions will be inserted into the scanner software instead of the e-voting machines. This way they won't get caught red handed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom