• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    This weekend I was out of town and visited a gunshow ~700 tables of vendors I have seen many times, and overheard one of the Reloading vendors talking to some customers about an inside job of "tons" of powder being stolen and the powder was being sold quickly @ $10 lb at a show and right off the trucks belonging to the vendor(I'll refer to as R). He also mentioned he brought $20k to purchase if the guy was at this show but did not see him. I dismissed it and went about my business.

I then went to Cover Six Tactical where I usually purchase from and they referred me to another reloading vendor right behind me at the time for 1680. Talking to this guy I have not met/seen before (very knowledgeable and has a strong business going) he told the same and more detailed story. 16,000 lbs of inventory missing! R, was notified by this vendor (also a friend from what i understood) and he said "no way" he then informed him "No, I am watching him now!" Evidently the crook who worked for R was the guy who loads the trucks to take powder wherever. Many more details were involved which kept my attention and I don't think I should post many names as this could be just a rumor. I know R and he would know me if he saw me from the gun shows. This was just interesting and I thought I would mention it. Names upon request if interested or some one knows more.

The new vendor I met also mentioned ATF sent out a letter about possibly another license for people just selling powder (non FFL's), curious timing. And Hodgdon is switching to plastic caps so he was dumping his metal cap inventory cheaper.

There were at least 5 vendors with the most powder I have seen yet! They say still behind on shotgun powders. All powders were at $25 to $27 lb with exception of the most popular ones. $30 for 1680, 5744 , etc. Titegroup $20. Found primers @ $27.17 for the second show and other vendors were at $28. Bass Pro on my way South all powders were at $32 and not much variety, Red Dot @ $20?.

Again, just interesting things I heard and thought I would pass it on, that is 8 tons of powder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom