• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    What are some of your favorite reasons people say they can't get a good group. i'll give a couple i've heard over the years at the range.

the sun was in my eyes
    this isn't match ammo
    i'm too hot to focus
    i'm too cold to focus
    i have a massive penis and it makes it hard to lay down consistently
    my boobs get in the way
    i'm left handed and this is a right handed gun
    i changed the lot number of the ammo (3+ inch groups at 100y)
    the gun hasn't warmed up yet
    the gun is too hot
    the [color here] on the target is distracting
    this is someone else's gun so it's tuned in for me

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Wow. Just my own personal opinion, and while no doubt well intentioned, Your post is sophomoric at best, even for the Water Cooler section and, at the very least, doesn’t portray MDS or the shooting sports in a very positive light, especially to anti-2A types lurking here for posts that can be used against MDS specifically and all shooting enthusiasts generally.

Please consider editing your original post? Or, posting in a forum not accessible by the general public?

Skipjacks

Ultimate Member
    The Earth's gravity is more intense in front of the target

I was using Russian ammo that was rigged to miss in a KGB psyop plot to make militias doubt their abilities

Superman kept running in front of the target. You didn't see him because....Superman

Miss? I didn't miss. There were tiny ants all around the bullseye. I got every one of them!

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    I was at a very good friend's house in the 70's when he got his first AR-15. He shoots rifles left handed. His groups were pretty consistently hitting about the size of a quarter. Then a hot shell landed inside the back of his jacket. He was dancing and pulling his shirt out trying to dislodge the spent shell. His groups were all over the place after that.

Nowadays, whenever he pulls out that old AR I remind him of the day we were shooting it in his mom's back yard.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    The wind was making the target stand move.

I was shooting an instructor class qual one day, the timer went off, I raised the gun and returned to low ready. The TC asked me why I didn't shoot. The target was now laying on the ground; I guess I was supposed to shoot it on the ground.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Wow. Just my own personal opinion, and while no doubt well intentioned, Your post is sophomoric at best, even for the Water Cooler section and, at the very least, doesn’t portray MDS or the shooting sports in a very positive light, especially to anti-2A types lurking here for posts that can be used against MDS specifically and all shooting enthusiasts generally.

Please consider editing your original post? Or, posting in a forum not accessible by the general public?
    A sophomoric post? In the water cooler?

Heaven forfend!

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    instead of ragging on bad shooters, we should help them shoot better. i've done that a couple of times and they were very appreciative.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    instead of ragging on bad shooters, we should help them shoot better. i've done that a couple of times and they were very appreciative.

I don't interpret it as making fun of bad shooters but people with rediculous comidic excuses who can't admit they could uses some assistance.

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    The targets are two far away (14" steel gongs 10 yards away during a CAS event).

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Astigmatism and/or I brought the wrong glasses. I'm not saying it's all bs, but I've heard it.

I will say about the color of the targets, I once bought some that were a combination of hi viz green and orange thinking they should be nice and easy to see. :o Wrong! Through iron sights at 100, it was all a blur.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Coriolis effect during high sunspot periods when shooting too close to an underground iron mine while the government is doing weather control tests through ultra low frequency communication with submarines. That's why I never shoot steel-core ammo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom