• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Honestly, I'd just put it in a sealed bag with some dessicant and leave it in the storage unit.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Bear in mind that as far as MD is concerned, a pre-October 2013 lower is not replaceable if stolen or sold. Or so I seem to recall. I'm uncertain of its replaceability if damaged beyond repair.

Wish I'd bought more.

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    Bear in mind that as far as MD is concerned, a pre-October 2013 lower is not replaceable if stolen or sold. I'm uncertain of its replaceability if damaged beyond repair.
    This, definitely. You may want to preserve the option to bring it back to Maryland at some point.

I will be spending several months in Cali at my girlfriend's house while we build a home in Tennessee. Unless I am misinterpreting the current California firearm laws, I can't bring my M4 with me and have it there...

Just want to understand my options for the M4 if I can't bring into Cali. Thanks.
    Have you considered converting it to a “Fixed Magazine” compliant rifle?

With a 10rd magazine locked in there, it would be less useful for home defense, or whatever, but alleviate any issues storing it somewhere outside of your control. Bullet Buttons are a no-go, but a tool-required/break-open fixed mag should still be compliant.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    I will be spending several months in Cali at my girlfriend's house while we build a home in Tennessee. Unless I am misinterpreting the current California firearm laws, I can't bring my M4 with me and have it there...

if my interpretation is correct, what are my best options for storing my M4 for several months? Is there any law against leaving it with a friend in Maryland, if the friend has a clean record? If I shipped to an FFL in Tennessee, do FFLs offer any type of temp storage service?

Just want to understand my options for the M4 if I can't bring into Cali. Thanks.

You could send it to me in NH

I promise to give it periodic "exercise" and help acclimate it to life in a relatively free state......

No charge of course....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom