• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    https://www.ammoland.com/2019/03/sm...Rci5PEivSOsDkVQyKxEeHzj6q5_ZHjs#axzz5jQrBaH70

Smith & Wesson Corp. today announced that it has reintroduced its Model 610 revolver, chambered in the powerful 10mm Auto cartridge.

:party29:

12463_01_lg.jpg

12462_01_lg.jpg

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    This is great news! I’d been waiting for this (intentions were to shoot .40’s through it :-) but, that was before I bankrolled 3 jet skis, and the ports to park em on. Que sara, sara, I guess!

PS - this will be a very short production run, every one in the past has ... then ya just gotta wait another 5-10 years ... (or pay a premium ... )

D*mn, would love to get one!!!

SavageShooter

Jan 10, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    I got an original first generation one back in 1996 (good old days) when I had my FFL. Got it at dealer price. Wouldn't trade it for the world. Every time I take it to the range I always get a positive comment about it. Shoot both my .40 Auto and 10mm handloads through it. Got a list of people who would buy it. Sorry no way. I've seen the first generations go for $1000-$1200 on Gun Broker.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I like revolvers, but I confess I dont quite get the revolver in 10mm. Why not just get 357? I have 10mm pistols, love those. But I think 357 and 38spl is for revolvers, 10mm and 9mm is for pistols. Maybe I am weird. on the other hand, I love the resurgence in interest in 10mm, I had 10mm before it was cool (again), and prices for ammo have come way down.

I do wish S&W would get rid of the stupid Clinton hole on new models.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Clips are faster to reload than speed loaders. And I can shoot 40 S&W out of this using clips. 40 costs less than 38 Special now. And I can load to 10mm length while using 40 brass. I have a Ruger GP100 in 10mm. I shoot my USPSA 40 Major rejects out of it.

Brownl345

Jan 9, 2015
    Howard County
    I see that S&W is leaving Springfield and moving to MO. Will be interesting to see how that effects production quality. FWIW, all of my late model Smiths are solid as a rock.

I have a few late model Smiths too and they've been fine, but I know some people firsthand who have had to do the do-si-do with Smith CS and their firearms.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    S&W is moving their warehouse and distribution operations to Missouri...not their manufacturing from all the reports I've seen. Quality control should not be affected as manufacturing is not affected. This is a decision from American Outdoor Brands upper management and has been in the works for some time to consolidate distribution operations from one location and take advantage of tax breaks.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I like revolvers, but I confess I dont quite get the revolver in 10mm. Why not just get 357? I have 10mm pistols, love those. But I think 357 and 38spl is for revolvers, 10mm and 9mm is for pistols. Maybe I am weird. on the other hand, I love the resurgence in interest in 10mm, I had 10mm before it was cool (again), and prices for ammo have come way down.

+1 ^^.

I do get the moonclip speedloading as well. Can’t argue with success. I have had a hankering for a 4” 625 in 45 ACP on and off through the years. Strictly as a game gun.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ

I get your point about the 10mm in a revolver but it's simply a neat thing to have. The 10mm approaches .41 Magnum power levels depending on the load and is far more popular and available than .41 Magnum ammunition.

I have a Ruger Blackhawk 10mm/.40 convertible as well as a Blackhawk in .30 Carbine so I guess I'm a bit weird as well.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD

I dunno. Kinda like my N frame S&W 25-2 in 45....acp! FYI, mine is the Model of 1955 Target and has no "Clinton Hole".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom