• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Freestate still doesn't want you to bring in loaded mags, simply because they want to inspect the ammo. No magnetic ammo in their range. Bring the letter if you wish, carry in how you wish in your car, but don't bring loaded mags thru the door. Their house, their rules.

May 8, 2018
    I have been to freestate MANY times. Most of the guys and gals are great and willing to help and answer all questions or get you someone that can. I agree when i first started going there they were iffy with my loaded mags, I had just come from work where I carry, but after I got to be known they did not mind. Just don't walk in there with it concealed. It is a "private" business and you have to play by there rules. Too many cowboys come in and they have to watch out for all of us.

Back to the Thread topic.

1.) Glove-box, is this a gray area , or is this considered a locked storage container (assuming yours locks)?
    2.) Storage in vehicle in approved area, if one would choose to enter a place of business that has the "no guns welcome" sign and you continue to support the establishment,( not this guy) can u leave said weapon in storage container?

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I visited my son in Baltimore a couple of years ago and went shooting at Free State Range east of the city. The employee at the counter was a little distressed that my son had his SIG P228 magazines loaded when he checked our firearms. He said that it was illegal in MD to have loaded mags while in transport.
    Next time we go, I will have the AG's letter in hand....

That is what was taught in most all courses in the 90s. The Ag opinion at the time (not sure if published) was that loaded mags is the same as a loaded firearm.

The current AG letter came later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom