• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Purse carry? Ruger lcp in .357 or 38+p. That's what I use for late night, walking the dog pocket carry. No holster.

KISS principle applies. Especially with not very well trained carriers

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    If she's dead set on purse carry and won't IWB, then I'd consider a hammerless revolver instead. Skip to 10:16 for an example of why...

Being able to discretely have the gun in your hand in a sketchy situation, without anyone knowing, speeds up the response time and can buy you a bit of an edge. A revolver gives you the capability of shooting the gun while it is still concealed without inducing a malfunction. It's great for purse and/or pocket carry for that reason. Some speed loaders can make up the difference in reload times a bit and you're not giving up much capacity to the small single-stacks.

I do think it's still a better overall approach to ditch purse carry entirely and go for IWB, since the purse is a pretty likely target for a criminal to grab first in an ambush. For IWB, the semi gets the nod since you'll be drawing it from concealment before firing it.
    We're not going to satisfy the small, semi auto fan boys who think they know better.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    I loved my 33 but was willing to give up round count and power for my 43s ability to conceal. When i go to dangerous places I’m generally getting paid to be armed, the rest of the time i really want to just be able to get my kids away from whatever I’m shooting at.

There is no end all CCW gun, is person dependent and damn if the makers haven’t figured out how to drop something a little more shiny each time lol!

I’m done buying CCW stuff unless they develope a gun that guarantees my families safety in all situations. Or if they make a gun that shoots out 20s when your low on cash, that would be cool too.

Also this isn’t really directed at you, i know you know all this, your comment just stirred my thought process. Unless you can make a gun that shoots 20s when I’m low on cash, then it’s directed at you lol
    I like your post, and you made me laugh. I like the idea of 4-6 more in the gun. Of similar size and weight. But its all” just in case”. If it can shoot $20s, even better.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    I loved my 33 but was willing to give up round count and power for my 43s ability to conceal. When i go to dangerous places I’m generally getting paid to be armed, the rest of the time i really want to just be able to get my kids away from whatever I’m shooting at.

There is no end all CCW gun, is person dependent and damn if the makers haven’t figured out how to drop something a little more shiny each time lol!

I’m done buying CCW stuff unless they develope a gun that guarantees my families safety in all situations. Or if they make a gun that shoots out 20s when your low on cash, that would be cool too.

Also this isn’t really directed at you, i know you know all this, your comment just stirred my thought process. Unless you can make a gun that shoots 20s when I’m low on cash, then it’s directed at you lol
    I like your post, and you made me laugh. I like the idea of 4-6 more in the gun. Of similar size and weight. But its all” just in case”. If it can shoot $20s, even better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom