• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Butchb

Mar 6, 2019
    Cumberland, Md 21502
    New to Forums and hope I can get an answer.
    I put a deposit on M&P 9 M2.0 Compact sku 12465. I did research and thought it was legal to purchase in this fine State but...… Well the dealer took a deposit and will keep it till placed on Handgun Roster. It was up for vote on 3/13/19 and the Board has not put the minutes up on there web page. My question is does anyone have any idea when the Board usually post there result of the vote. Sure am getting anxious for that pistol.
    Thanks for reading, Butch

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    I'm waiting for the same compact without the safety to show up on the list. From my research (someone correct me if I'm wrong) it should show up in the Maryland Register within 30 days and then be on the roster 30 days after that, so the week of May 13th if it's approved. I'm not sure if the minutes are available prior to being added to the register since based on the previous listed minutes it states there can be objections at that time.

Any firearms approved at this meeting will be published in the Maryland Register on September 14, 2018 and, barring no objections, will be included on the Maryland State Police website as handguns, model and caliber additions legal in the State of Maryland on October 14, 2018.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I'm waiting for the same compact without the safety to show up on the list. From my research (someone correct me if I'm wrong) it should show up in the Maryland Register within 30 days and then be on the roster 30 days after that, so the week of May 13th if it's approved. I'm not sure if the minutes are available prior to being added to the register since based on the previous listed minutes it states there can be objections at that time.

getting in the MD Register is not a specific time period. IIRC there is a "submission date" for publication (which will be 2 weeks after submission.) There is a posted schedule of submission & publication dates for the year (you can google it or search MD online). So, it could be more or less than 30 days to go in the register, then its in the register for 30 days. So, 6-8 weeks give or take. Outside time as long as 10-12 if they miss some deadlines.

Based on prior practice minutes are sometimes not out until right before the next meeting, for approval at the next meeting. I don't think that the minutes need to be out or approved before submission to the register, at least based on the past.

roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    So the 2.0 full size is on the list, and the Shield, too, but not the Compact? Forgive the basic question but why is this? Is the Compact a new model?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    So the 2.0 full size is on the list, and the Shield, too, but nit the Compact? Forgive the basic question but why is this? Is the Compact a new model?

The standard 3.6" and 4" barrel compact 2.0 models are on the list however with 15 round magazines which you don't get if you buy from a MD dealer and end up with no mags. The models waiting for approval are 10 round 4" compact models. The 10 round magazines are hit or miss with being in stock at places and a 6 hour round trip is the shortest I can find to pick up standard capacity magazines in free America.

roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    The standard 3.6" and 4" barrel compact 2.0 models are on the list however with 15 round magazines which you don't get if you buy from a MD dealer and end up with no mags. The models waiting for approval are 10 round 4" compact models. The 10 round magazines are hit or miss with being in stock at places and a 6 hour round trip is the shortest I can find to pick up standard capacity magazines in free America.

So it’s just about bundling? The same 4” model in both cases, but one comes with no mags and the other (not yet avail) with 10s? That’s silly. Hopefully you can buy the 15 model number at a slight discount since it has no magazines?

And where are you in MD that it take 6 hours to get to PA?

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    So it’s just about bundling? The same 4” model in both cases, but one comes with no mags and the other (not yet avail) with 10s? That’s silly. Hopefully you can buy the 15 model number at a slight discount since it has no magazines?

And where are you in MD that it take 6 hours to get to PA?

I've been looking for a good deal because I just can't bring myself to pay the same price to not get mags then have to spend more money and time finding them. I found a pretty good deal but it's not good enough to justify not getting mags.

I'm over on the eastern shore, it's 6 hours roundtrip not one way but that's to VA where I've actually found a store with standard mags in stock. I usually go to DE to Cabelas which is half the time commitment and distance, but they don't carry 2.0 compact mags. I might just buy the 15 round version from the VA FFL, have the gun shipped to my MD FFL, and see about picking up the magazines at the VA store.

SavageShooter

Jan 10, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    Yeah great state the Ruger EC9s in black is on the roster. The EC9s in flat dark earth is not yet. You know the criminals and drug dealers go through all these hoops also to get their pistols!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom