• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Today I went out to the range for a little while to do some evaluation.
    I wanted to take my time and get more proficient with the Ruger P95 I have had for a few months, and try out a 10 round aftermarket magazine I found for it. Both tests were successful. I finally gelled with the pistol and was able shoot it better than "okay".

I had gotten new Pachmayr grips for my Ruger Security Six. This was the first time I had been able to get to the range with the revolver with the new grips. While not as comfortable as the big Pachmayr presentation grips, these were workable. A little rough with .357 Magnum loads, but tolerable.

I had acquired a 10 round Wilson Combat magazine for my 1911, but still hadn't had a chance to try it out. Took it out today and it worked flawlessly.

Finally, I was able to shoot the 1957 Smith and Wesson K-38 Combat Masterpiece I got yesterday. The name is fitting as it is as smooth and as accurate as any revolver I have ever fired. Hard to believe the gun is 62 years old. It shoots beautifully.

Had a little breakfast with family before the range. Bacon, egg and cheese biscuits prepared by my wonderful wife.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom