• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Looking for a link or pic of the Sierra manual showing info for the 107gr SMK. No luck online....buddy sent Berger manual but would like to see Sierra's also

Any help appreciated

Seabee

Old Timer
    Oct 9, 2011
    Left marylandistan to NC
    My Sierra #5 has no 6x47 Lapua listed. The #6 is due out very soon and should have it listed. Nothing listed on their site. Email them, they are good about sharing data not listed in the current manual.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I got the 6x47 figured out I think, time will tell once done with fire forming.

Acquired a 6mmbr with a .120 freebore. Having problems with this one......shoots like a shotgun, actually starts stringing high and right as the barrel warms up. I've not found a 6mmbr that wont shoot, but this one has me scratching my head. Loaded .003 and .005 off the lands, 30.0-30.2 gr varget and doesn't like it at all.

Anyone experienced high and right stringing?

I'm not a pro shot, but qualify for high masters in fclass. Not my first rodeo, .267 bushing, cass prep same as it is to clean 3 relays, etc. I'll figure it out but would like to sooner than later lol.

Leper Messiah

Aug 18, 2014
    I got the 6x47 figured out I think, time will tell once done with fire forming.

Acquired a 6mmbr with a .120 freebore. Having problems with this one......shoots like a shotgun, actually starts stringing high and right as the barrel warms up. I've not found a 6mmbr that wont shoot, but this one has me scratching my head. Loaded .003 and .005 off the lands, 30.0-30.2 gr varget and doesn't like it at all.

Anyone experienced high and right stringing?

I'm not a pro shot, but qualify for high masters in fclass. Not my first rodeo, .267 bushing, cass prep same as it is to clean 3 relays, etc. I'll figure it out but would like to sooner than later lol.

Good to know you have the 6x47 figured out, I might have pick your brain once I get mine built.

Seabee

Old Timer
    Oct 9, 2011
    Left marylandistan to NC
    Speed, I just checked the app store and there is a Sierra 6th app available but it is limited data with the rest available as an annual in app purchase. I understand the is an android version available too. I guess the printed version is held up at printer
    There is 6x47 data

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Speed are we to assume the 6br is floated and action trued and lugs lapped? Just trying to shorten the checklist a bit

Yes, the new BR is a tube gun that Ed Harren built on a pierce action.

Thinking more and more on this, I think due to the .120(long freebore) I'm not running enough powder(max tested was 30.2) and well off any accuracy node.

99.9% of 6mmBr's shoot lights out with 30gr of varget, jumping bullets .020" off lands, with a .060 or .090 freebore. I'm going out Sunday to see if I can get something figured out...going to run a bunch of different powder weight, seating depths and maybe a .266 bushing to see if I can at least get 3 shots to touch(don't worry I'll only make one change for each 3 shot group).

Ken Livingood is one heck of a smith and shooter, I remembered last year at regaionals he told me he was running a really long throat and a bunch more powder. I'm pretty sure I can get up to 31gr without much issue. I don't care how fast its going (well at least 2,850 lol) as long as it shoots bugholes.

On the 6x47L, I've got the powder nailed down but I was fireforming cases for the first time with inconsistent neck tensions(getting horizontal walk). It shows promise, put 20 rounds in 3/4" which isn't great by any stretch, but not bad considering all I did was neck down and fire.

Thanks for the updated on the sierra manual!

Seabee

Old Timer
    Oct 9, 2011
    Left marylandistan to NC
    Ive got the sierra #6 on my phone if you need something from it. It does show the 6x47L and 107 MK
    It shows 33.1 gr of N540 @2800 fps as the Accuracy load

Last edited:

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Well good news on both, figured out the 6mmbr, need more powder! .7 gr more to be exact...and needed a larger jump.

I wasn't happy after the first 5 combo of loads but feel this is decent for sure. 6 rounds, I clearly pulled 2 but matter than 4" group lol

Attachments

• 20190407_192919.jpg
      20190407_192919.jpg
      81.3 KB · Views: 158

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom