• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    First, i wanna show a picture of Remington green n yellow box ammo.. not precision ammo but same weight and puts things in perspective about the benefits of hand loading.

To me, it looks like the OCW is 39gr, cross checked w/ a scatter node at 37.8 though the best group alone is 38.1. I'll chronograph it later in the week but can anyone confirm my findings of 39gr being OCW w/ 37.8 being scatter?

(it appears that the images are not loading now)

Last edited:

kooJoe

Sep 23, 2013
    near cambridge
    You need to re work your loads. For any .22 rifle these groups are pretty bad. Below is a recent 5 shot group from my 22-250 hand loads. This is not bad ass.... just acceptable. Am I missing something here? Did you get these spreads tighter?

...100yds

Attachments

• 559FB7BA-B9C7-4496-BADA-3DD65AAA1EBE.jpg
      559FB7BA-B9C7-4496-BADA-3DD65AAA1EBE.jpg
      54.8 KB · Views: 174

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    koojoe's group is more what I expect from five rounds out of one of my varmint rifles. If they won't hold half moa all day every day, its time for a new barrel.

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    all fair questions. it's a new barrel. i've reshot the group and have got it down to sub moa. the core of the question though was the OCW, which isn't based off group size (as long as it's MOA or better). When i shot these.. i forgot my rear sandbag so it wasn't 100% stable. After i got the OCW, i zeroed the rifle w/ sandbags in front and in back getting a group much like koojoe's above. the best part is, it's moving right along and has the same sub-moa POI w/ load +/- 0.3 gr of powder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom