• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    There is a great little gun/fishing store in south bethany on RT1. it's in a small strip mall (I think that it is the southern most strip mall in Bethany) that also houses a Grottos pizza, and is next to a place that sells great sandwiches. Sorry, the names escape me. It is also next door to a designer decorating shop, so the missus (she'll love you all the more if you take her!) will have something to do while you are looking.

Hookem and Cookem Outfitters. http://www.hookemcookemoutfitters.com/

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    Larry's is a good shop. Very knowledgeable and probably one of the largest and best selections of high end shotguns anywhere in the world.[ I work in the gun industry and I'm not kidding.]

I was in Bethany last week, and for the first time visited Larry's Trading Post near Ocean City. Wow!! I read Zoostation's earlier post, and oh man, he was so right. Unfortunately I was pressed for time, but it truly is a HUGE selection of high-end shotguns. I've been in many gun shops over the years and Larry's inventory of shotguns rivals any I've ever seen. In fact, from a high-end shotgun perspective, the only place I've been to with more was the Beretta Gallery in Manhattan. Of course, Larry's has a broader line of manufacturers.

Steele's in DE are nice people too.

I love browsing at Steele's. His collection of used guns is outstanding. I get lost in there...just perusing the goods. One of my criteria for a "good" gun shop is a selection of older used guns. The new stuff doesn't interest me nearly as much. I can get more information and pics from the web, but checking out an interesting inventory of "previously enjoyed" firearms is time well spent. This time, an older Thompson Center Hawken followed me home. ;-)

JoeR

mancheechee

Daily Trigger
    Jul 22, 2010
    Frederick
    I don't shop there anymore. The price gouging was so bad after sandy hook I refuse to shop again. 40$ for a 40 round pmag he was charging . I even gave them a second chance when I called and asked for the price on a beretta and he said he does not give prices over the phone. Yep I done. I spend my money with Delmarva shooting supply in Seaford.

Wow...40rnd for $40...

Next year, I'll check out Delmarva Shooting Supply.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    I love browsing at Steele's. His collection of used guns is outstanding. I get lost in there...just perusing the goods. One of my criteria for a "good" gun shop is a selection of older used guns. The new stuff doesn't interest me nearly as much. I can get more information and pics from the web, but checking out an interesting inventory of "previously enjoyed" firearms is time well spent. This time, an older Thompson Center Hawken followed me home. ;-)

JoeR

I also "judge" a gunshop by the same criteria. All the new inventory in the world is worthless to me. Have a big selection of reasonably-priced used and/or older stuff and I'm hooked. Love Steele's. Also on a smaller scale, Smyrna Sporting Goods. Lots of quality, used inventory.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    Delmarva Law Enforcement Supply...uh...
    Warning to MD shoppers.
    Nice shop. Owner is very very friendly. BUT
    No price tags on mags...I asked for Ruger SR9 mags which he had in storage...as he came out, I saw him take two mags out of the Ruger SR9 double package and he put the mags without any packaging (which is fine) on the counter and after we exchanged what was a pleasant conversation, I asked him how much I owed him. His response was ridiculous:
    $45 EACH for Ruger SR9 mags. I asked him why they were priced high, his response had BS all over it, that All pistol mags were going for no less than $40 these days...including the Glock mags running close to that price. He also noted tax there was no tax, thus I'd be saving some money.
    What he didnt know was that I just purchased both Glock, magpul, and Ruger mags from another Delaware store ($27 for Ruger mag in package, slightly more for G19 factory, and very fair $ for the magpuls). Also, those double packs go for $40 from (edit:grabagun) that I could just ship to Relatives in PA.
    I like supporting small shops when I am able, but if my BS radar goes berserk, I politely say goodbye and leave.

If he didnt see my MD plates, I wonder if prices would have been different.

I have to agree. Wouldn't quote prices over the phone; not a short drive from Salisbury. Found the Glock mags to be high, Ruger BX25s, very high, ammo ridiculously high, accessories at full-blown MSRP. He does have a good working knowledge of the details of MD regs and gen 2 Magpuls @ $10 per if you buy 5 at a time. He advertises "MD-legal ARs for $450" and when I asked, was handed a .22LR polymer-framed POS. The owner seemed OK, but just had a weird "Spidey-sense" about everything. Been twice; won't be going back.

ourway77

Jul 18, 2011
    Ocean View, Delaware
    Live in Ocean View most shops are high that have a lot of overhead I look for the small guy doing out of his garage search FFL dealers in Delaware that handle transferes There is Phils on 20 main street selbeyville nice guy to deal with

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom