• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lax

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Baldwin
    Getting a gun or two over the next few months. Looking at getting another 22 that isn't a semi auto. The barrel must be threaded for a suppressor. I have been looking at the ruger american, cz 455 and now the henry frontier. I haven't been able to handle one of these so everything I am reading online is that the larger longer barrel takes away the toy feel of the cheaper smaller carbines. It will be scoped and it seems 50yd accuracy is acceptable. Anyone have any insight on the rifle?

EarnestT

In the hollow
    Aug 18, 2013
    Not in Maryland
    I won one in 22mag a few months back. It shoots fine. I will say the mag capacity has been reduced so you can leave the suppressor on while reloading. Typical smooth henry.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    The Henry is a good rifle but that is a long barrel in my mind for a .22, has to be though so you can reload it with the suppressor on it. I like the Henrys but don't think I would do it in this case.

Savage makes some good options, not as nice as what you are looking at but solid, accurate rifles.

lax

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Baldwin
    thanks for the replies. Got my hands on a cz tacticool and couldn't deny the quality so I bought it....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom