fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    This is my find for a 357 lever gun

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=232091

attachment.php

The price is now $534.99 and they are still available.
    Rossi seems to ship these once or twice a year to the US. Must do limited production runs. If it follows last year's pattern, these Rossi 92s in 357 will be going for $800 NIB by this summer on GB.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Rossi seems to ship these once or twice a year to the US. Must do limited production runs. If it follows last year's pattern, these Rossi 92s in 357 will be going for $800 NIB by this summer on GB.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I wouldn't count on twice a year, there runs are inconsistent and their website is useless. Waited almost 2 years for my .454 then there were millions then none. Regrettably they discontinued the .480 Ruger which still is very much on my want list. .357 carbines were a year ago, none since.

The supply of the lower demand .44s and .45s isn't great but stretches. The moral of the story here is if you remotely want one buy when they are available.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    As big a lever gun fan as you are? You need a .357! Seriously! You can shoot that thing all day long, and you just might find yourself doing that. I’d bet you wouldn’t want to put it down. That’s how I’ve been anyway. They’re flat out addicting, and I wasn’t really expecting that.

I've been 'mulling over' getting that Rossi 92.

The thread discussing them has my interest really climbing. Plus, they're in stock, currently.

My favorite online store has them advertised for a bit less, but, they are NOT in stock, and don't know when they'll get 'em in.

As for the .357....................... I've got several revolvers in .38/.357, but, haven't shot them in quite a while.

Decisions....... decisions. :D

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    The Rossi's are a little rough internally but they clean up well. .357 is a hoot.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    I've been 'mulling over' getting that Rossi 92.

The thread discussing them has my interest really climbing. Plus, they're in stock, currently.

My favorite online store has them advertised for a bit less, but, they are NOT in stock, and don't know when they'll get 'em in.

As for the .357....................... I've got several revolvers in .38/.357, but, haven't shot them in quite a while.

Decisions....... decisions. :D

Which means you already have the cases. And the SP primers. And the powder. And the dies. And the shell holder. All (sadly :() not being utilized.....

I haven’t shot my .357 revolvers either. Not since I got the rifle.

You’re welcome! :)

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    I thought all lever guns were 30-30?

The 30-30 is a tapered and rimmed case. Leverguns started with straight walled cartridges. 30-30 is a relatively "new" chambing. It's what almost a 100yrs old?

Edit: I'm wrong. It's much older. As old as many LG designs.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    357, only way to fly for a '73 clone you actually intend to shoot. Large range in power from BBgun quiet 38SPL or 38 short colt up to full power 357 that can approach 7.62X39 ballistics, usually holds a ton of rounds, cheap and fun to shoot at indoor ranges, or out past 100yards outdoors. Only reason for other calibers is that you already own one in 357.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    Which means you already have the cases. And the SP primers. And the powder. And the dies. And the shell holder. All (sadly :() not being utilized.....

I haven’t shot my .357 revolvers either. Not since I got the rifle.

You’re welcome! :)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

(Being said in a very low, soft voice)........... Instigator!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, Unc. I just might have to pry open the wallet. :)

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    The Rossi's are a little rough internally but they clean up well. .357 is a hoot.

You probably looked at all the complaint videos on youtube (mostly from 2013), or maybe you have one? I did and had my doubts, but I went for it anyway. I'm glad I did. Fidelity can vouch for it as well... for mine at least, the action is pretty smooth.

FWIW, the KY Gun Co Rossis are now out of stock at this time. :sad20:

If I didn't like how mine cycled, I'd do what is shown in this (other) youtube video. Nothing overly difficult to do in my opinion. I have no idea if other manufacturers are different but this probably applies to a lot of lever action rifles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVUb6vybexw

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom