• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    I need a bushel this Friday. Still looking a for a good price for No 2 males. I'm near BWI.

I promise to eat the whole bushel myself. With help from my wife.

I want to steam them myself. Will travel if not too far from my digs for them...

Hints?

NBS Seafood on Dorsey Road, on the right, pass the airport runway, past the Driving Range, before the light by MSP barracks.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    What store for the 30lb bucket?
    Roy's Kwik Korner at Crain Highway and Quarterfield Road in South Glen Burnie is a J.O. Spice retail outlet.

Big selection of all their spices, mixes & paraphernalia, including 5 & 10lb. buckets of crab spice. Didn't see any 30s, but they could probably get them.

BTW - pretty good breakfast too!!

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    A buddy got 1/2 bushel on his first run this morning. Ended with 2+ bushels in less than three hours on a 1200’ trot line.

Todd S

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2012
    Glen Rock, PA
    A buddy got 1/2 bushel on his first run this morning. Ended with 2+ bushels in less than three hours on a 1200’ trot line.

Can you give a general location? North/South of the Bay Bridge? Eastern/Western Shore? Don't want to burn anyone's spot...

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Can you give a general location? North/South of the Bay Bridge? Eastern/Western Shore? Don't want to burn anyone's spot...

South of bridge by a good bit. He caught them on the western shore but I think the eastern shore is probably better. We did well earlier this year around Tangier. It seems like the better crabbing has been south this season.

Todd S

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2012
    Glen Rock, PA
    South of bridge by a good bit. He caught them on the western shore but I think the eastern shore is probably better. We did well earlier this year around Tangier. It seems like the better crabbing has been south this season.

That's what I've been seeing this year. If I can get out this weekend, I'm heading South and East of the bridge.:party29:

The good thing about having an off year, is it makes me try rivers, that I have never crabbed before.

TrappedinMD

Dec 15, 2011
    Western MD
    I'm going to go out crabbing this weekend for the first time with a trot line. I'm in Middle river, do you guys have any recommendations on where to try first? also is there any places to buy bulk chicken necks around middle river? thanks!

Todd S

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2012
    Glen Rock, PA
    I'm going to go out crabbing this weekend for the first time with a trot line. I'm in Middle river, do you guys have any recommendations on where to try first? also is there any places to buy bulk chicken necks around middle river? thanks!

Go south. Crabbing has not been very good north of the bridge. Might want to try the Severn or even the Choptank. Richardson Farms sells fowl necks. They are in White Marsh.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Bulk neck at Richardson's Farm market on Ebenezer rd. About $27 for 40 lbs.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom