• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Never thought I would be telling anyone here anything new - just need to keep the awareness thus we get smacked along the side the head with a big ol 2x4 And yes I explain the purpose of gun control to just about anyone I meet in one way or the other. Would love to hear your suggestions on how to abort these efforts by the Government?

:thumbsup:

I spent years contacting my elected representatives. Then I started branching out to other state and national politicians highlighting the same updated FBI, CDC and DOJ data as well as other academic studies. Certain ones I directly note their hypocrisy with photos and articles of their CCW permits, armed guards, old speeches, misinformation, comments based on ignorance, etc. All those national politicians vote nationally. I've even written to editors of newspapers responding to their editorials. None of the above know where I live , who I vote for or my political affiliation then I always sign my letters/emails with my military signature for a little extra weight.

Odarlin1

Ultimate Member
    :thumbsup:

I spent years contacting my elected representatives. Then I started branching out to other state and national politicians highlighting the same updated FBI, CDC and DOJ data as well as other academic studies. Certain ones I directly note their hypocrisy with photos and articles of their CCW permits, armed guards, old speeches, misinformation, comments based on ignorance, etc. All those national politicians vote nationally. I've even written to editors of newspapers responding to their editorials. None of the above know where I live , who I vote for or my political affiliation then I always sign my letters/emails with my military signature for a little extra weight.

That sounds awesome. I empathise with your efforts. Have you ever considered running for office?

Last edited:

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    I spent years contacting my elected representatives.

guess it never hurts... i emailed our wonderboy kaine against his misguided gun control efforts and got an email back from him thinking me for my support for gun control. they're pretty much going to do what they're going to do.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    In the grand traditions of idiots proposing nonsensical trades on sports forums, I hereby propose that we trade Chicago, Seattle, and Portland to Canada in exchange for Alberta and a small slice of British Columbia or the Northwest territories to physically connect Alaska to the lower 48. Then trade I-5 west from San Francisco to San Diego to Mexico for a territory to be named later and some delicious juevos rancheros.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    It’s shameful that the democrats can parade around in public with such a hard on for gun control. Think of the SERIOUS problems we have. Instead, they choose to spend their time promoting a feel good cause of the misinformed, radical wing of their party while accomplishing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. It really is disgusting.

Their own party platform statement revels their disingenuousness when they refer to “Preventing gun violence”. They are only, by their own statement, interested in violence committed with a gun and sadly, not because it’s violence, but because it’s violence committed using a particular device. I repeat, disgusting.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    It’s shameful that the democrats can parade around in public with such a hard on for gun control. Think of the SERIOUS problems we have. Instead, they choose to spend their time promoting a feel good cause of the misinformed, radical wing of their party while accomplishing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. It really is disgusting.

What really burns me is that those idiots make more for doing nothing than a large segment of their constituents who bust their hump for substantially less. :mad54:

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    The big new term being coined is "Gun Safety Reform" I mean who can be against that, right?
    “One measure that I think ought to be a consensus measure, and I know has bipartisan support, is we should cover commercial sales of firearms with a background check,” Toomey (R-Pa) said a few weeks after 11 people were slain in the Tree of Life synagogue in Pittsburgh. “This is just a common-sense measure that is entirely consistent and compatible with the Second Amendment. Background checks must be put in perspective. They won’t stop gun violence. But they could help as part of a broader system."

Hmm. Wonder what a Broader system means.

Um, since when haven't the COMMERCIAL sales of firearms required a background check???

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    What really burns me is that those idiots make more for doing nothing than a large segment of their constituents who bust their hump for substantially less. :mad54:

If that burns you the. You should get extra burned when you think about the fact that they get paid by taking money through the threat of force from the people you say make substantially less, but the really bad part is how inefficient and reckless they are with that money.
    here is just one example:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYhGE5axf2Q
    It's in the eyes of the public, talked about by politicians, yet we still have no change. How in the world is this allowed to continue (2a infringement, reckless spending, etc...)?

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

Never forget that your lawmakers and their staff exempted themselves from ACA Obamacare.

Lawmakers are also exempt (by their own hand, such a surprise) from insider trading laws. They can use information they acquire from their position to buy and sell stocks. Lowly citizens go to jail for this, if they get caught.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    Never forget that your lawmakers and their staff exempted themselves from ACA Obamacare.

Lawmakers are also exempt (by their own hand, such a surprise) from insider trading laws. They can use information they acquire from their position to buy and sell stocks. Lowly citizens go to jail for this, if they get caught.

I fixed the quote "Never forget that your lawmakers and their staff exempted themselves from ACA Obamacare while having you pay for their insurance. "

Don't forget, they are representing the interest of the people when they make these rules.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

I fixed the quote "Never forget that your lawmakers and their staff exempted themselves from ACA Obamacare while having you pay for their insurance. "

Don't forget, they are representing the interest of the people when they make these rules.

Another pre-Civil War tidbit:

Those creatures cannot be arrested while Congress is in session.

Public servants my a**.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

Thanks for the modification. It underscores their true mindset.

They do represent "the people" in their rulemaking; the people who count, in their view: the rule makers.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    In the grand traditions of idiots proposing nonsensical trades on sports forums, I hereby propose that we trade Chicago, Seattle, and Portland to Canada in exchange for Alberta and a small slice of British Columbia or the Northwest territories to physically connect Alaska to the lower 48. Then trade I-5 west from San Francisco to San Diego to Mexico for a territory to be named later and some delicious juevos rancheros.

I was going to say trading SoCal to Mexico, for free, sounded like a good idea. Then I remembered it would mean giving Hollywood away.

Then it seemed like an even better idea.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Thanks for the modification. It underscores their true mindset.

They do represent "the people" in their rulemaking; the people who count, in their view: the rule makers.

Yes, just like the view that they are idiots for pushing gun control. They aren't idiots, they know exactly what goal they are pursuing. It just isn't public safety.

artbart1

Mar 13, 2017
    Carroll County, MD
    Just wait until more states adopt per gun and per round taxes. Illinois and some other municipalities have already adopted these "gun taxes." Even if guns/ammo are still legal, if they are taxed heavily enough, they will become a privilege for only the wealthy

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    This is quickly devolving into what promises to be a very nasty war over a fundamental right that, according to the firearms community, people like Cuomo and Senators Dianne Feinstein and Charles Schumer want to turn into a heavily-regulated privilege, complete with bans on whole classes of firearms they don’t like.

https://bit.ly/2VJnrjg

Lest we forget Swalwell or ($#twell) saying either we comply or they'll nuke us in not so many words. Really Democrats, you want them come get and try to get them, enough is enough already. BRING IT!:mad54:

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    Would love to hear your suggestions on how to abort these efforts by the Government?

Here in the Democratic People's Republic of Maryland, very little can be done outright. However, here are several ideas I have brought up before and that I am doing. 1) Register as a Democrat and vote against the incumbent in the primary. Many times these grabbers get renominated by a slight margin. When they lose write and tell them it was their stance on guns Also, when you write them they will find out if you are Democrat or not and will respond if you are and ignore if you are not. 2) Support MSI and all legal challenges to MD laws in the courts, that is the only way we will win anything here right now. 3) Take someone shooting, your kids or a friend. You don't have to be a hunter to enjoy the sport of shooting. Education and experience and memories will help. My son and I stop for lunch on the way out and a treat on our way back.

Anything and everything people can do to protect our 2nd Amendment right should be supported.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Here in the Democratic People's Republic of Maryland, very little can be done outright. However, here are several ideas I have brought up before and that I am doing. 1) Register as a Democrat and vote against the incumbent in the primary. Many times these grabbers get renominated by a slight margin. When they lose write and tell them it was their stance on guns Also, when you write them they will find out if you are Democrat or not and will respond if you are and ignore if you are not. 2) Support MSI and all legal challenges to MD laws in the courts, that is the only way we will win anything here right now. 3) Take someone shooting, your kids or a friend. You don't have to be a hunter to enjoy the sport of shooting. Education and experience and memories will help. My son and I stop for lunch on the way out and a treat on our way back.

Anything and everything people can do to protect our 2nd Amendment right should be supported.

Excellent strategies! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom