• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Ok, they say a faraday cage works grounded, or ungrounded. I still don;t buy the electrical field and them detecting it. I buy they see something we can't as in IR or just notice something is out of place. I've had far too many animals walk by without noticing anything.

Time I have been noticed easily had a buck notice the steam coming out of my nose when it was 4 degrees and I was duck hunting.

I think you believe and if it makes you feel better. You should buy it and try it out. :thumbsup:

The jury's still out on me. One thing scares me about these suits. What happens during an electrical storm, say in the spring while turkey hunting? Isn't carbon fiber extremely conductive?

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    The jury's still out on me. One thing scares me about these suits. What happens during an electrical storm, say in the spring while turkey hunting? Isn't carbon fiber extremely conductive?

More power to you.

yakfish

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 27, 2017
    I seem to have no trouble hitting deer with my vehicles, and I'm pretty sure they emit lots of light, sound and probably other wavelengths on the EM spectrum.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Interesting thx.

Of all the senses an animal has (varies by species too), to detect predators, I would think few could even detect your electromagnetic field, and even then at what distance?

This type of material is available in whole cloth, so if it were as effective as advertised, and if too expensive, couldn’t someone just make a poncho out of it or something?

Effective in shark or electric eel hunting I suspect.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Wire your suit to ground and the upsurge will make your hair stand up. ;)

I don't have too much of that anymore. Not on my head, anyways.:o

I seem to have no trouble hitting deer with my vehicles, and I'm pretty sure they emit lots of light, sound and probably other wavelengths on the EM spectrum.

Stole this from another thread...since you bring it up.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code

yWfHOCgc.jpg

Wouldnt matter since you'd be fried;) Ive had deer right below my tree stand, never knew I was there. They are sight, sound and smell sensitive. They may pick up on something else but generally speaking they react to sound, sight and smell...

You clink a flashlight on a metal stand or move at the wrong time, or have the wind blow right on them they freak out, take off.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Here is another thing and anyone that working in electrical or networking fields will understand. Shielding, which is what this would be, has to be grounded to work. So, you would need to hammer a copper rod in the ground at your tree stand and run a copper cable up the tree where you could attach it to your suit. If you are emitting energy, you suit will just emit it also. It may spread it out all over the suit, it will still emit it. Only channeling it to ground would remove it.

They use a version of this in some SCIF type rooms and put up copper cloth under the drywall to remove all RF (Radio Frequency) from entering or leaving the room and it has to be grounded properly.

I demo'ed the AC equipment from a building being remodeled over in McClean years ago. The furniture was 200 stenographer's desks; 20,000 old school phone lines in and out of the place and 100% enclosed with old school copper screen on all 4 walls, the ceiling and subfloor. The plumbers took tons of copper screen to the scrap yard from that job.

Back to the suit in question - if your face and hands are outside the suit, you are outside the suit as far as RF emission goes.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I demo'ed the AC equipment from a building being remodeled over in McClean years ago. The furniture was 200 stenographer's desks; 20,000 old school phone lines in and out of the place and 100% enclosed with old school copper screen on all 4 walls, the ceiling and subfloor. The plumbers took tons of copper screen to the scrap yard from that job.

Back to the suit in question - if your face and hands are outside the suit, you are outside the suit as far as RF emission goes.

Head-face masks, gloves and socks. They make them all. As far as a small amount of exposed skin, I would think it is like scent suppression. You'll never get rid of 100% of human odor, but you minimize it to the point that your scent is that left by a human(farmer, wood cutter, etc.) a couple days ago. And yes, a deer's olfactory nerve can differentiate scent freshness that well.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Bunch of modern day panty-wastes and mama’s boys

You don’t need any fancy electric suits or camouflage.

You just need buckskins like ol’ Dan’l Boone, Davy Crockett, Jim Bridger and countless American Indian tribes.

Coonskin cap is optional but may cause hurt feelings with certain SJW and snowflakes

303AFB69-2F3A-4109-AE16-02A1E63D50FF.jpeg

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Bunch of modern day panty-wastes and mama’s boys

You don’t need any fancy electric suits or camouflage.

You just need buckskins like ol’ Dan’l Boone, Davy Crockett, Jim Bridger and countless American Indian tribes.

Coonskin cap is optional but may cause hurt feelings with certain SJW and snowflakes

View attachment 215981

...or a fur collared leather bomber(that one's for you DBD ;))

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I guess I should have titled this;

HECS Hunting Clothing: Cheating or No(assuming it really works) :)

I think I'll give them one more year. I tell ya though, the product is getting great ratings. Many ratings are coming from people who have very limited or no(yet) experience using the suits, but it seems those who have used them consistently give it 5 stars. :shrug:

It seems to me there may be some here who hope it doesn't work. Oh well, you'll have that...

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Head-face masks, gloves and socks. They make them all. As far as a small amount of exposed skin, I would think it is like scent suppression. You'll never get rid of 100% of human odor, but you minimize it to the point that your scent is that left by a human(farmer, wood cutter, etc.) a couple days ago. And yes, a deer's olfactory nerve can differentiate scent freshness that well.

No, RF suppression of a source is all or none. The emitter is either in a Faraday cage or not.

Like I said about political snake oil, some people want to buy snake oil.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    No, RF suppression of a source is all or none. The emitter is either in a Faraday cage or not.

Like I said about political snake oil, some people want to buy snake oil.

Please note; we are not talking about finely tuned electronic receptors, we are talking about animals. Nor am I a shill for this company.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faraday_cage

A common misconception is that a Faraday cage provides full blockage or attenuation; this is not true. The reception or transmission of radio waves, a form of electromagnetic radiation, to or from an antenna within a Faraday cage is heavily attenuated or blocked by the cage, however, a Faraday cage has varied attenuation depending on wave form, frequency or distance from receiver/transmitter, and receiver/transmitter power. Near-field high-powered frequency transmissions like HF RFID are more likely to penetrate. Solid cages generally provide better attenuation than mesh cages.

To detect snake oil, it requires at least one to take a taste...

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Head-face masks, gloves and socks. They make them all. As far as a small amount of exposed skin, I would think it is like scent suppression. You'll never get rid of 100% of human odor, but you minimize it to the point

Or the hood focuses your energy like a parabolic dish to concentrate it wherever your face is pointed, like say at your target.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom