• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jhartmac

Jan 7, 2007
    Virginia/maryland
    I do not want more laws restricting my ability as a law abiding citizen to own the so called assault weapons and extended magazines. This is not acceptable, enforce the laws which are already in effect. Please know that your actions will have a direct impact economically on our state, the loss of residents and businesses. Understand that this time elections will be different. Understand you are in office to do the WILL of the people not your own or someone else's idea. Understand that we the people are educated enough to know the differences of political hype and nanny laws. Enough make changes to mental health and make it a priority to allow armed guards in ALL schools not just middle and high schools as we currently have.

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    subject: Oppose SB281

text:
    I oppose this bill and urge you to vote against it.

I'm a Democrat and I vote - AGAINST any supporters of this bill or its companion legislation!

off to the SJP members. Thanks for the heads-up!

Mr H

Banana'd
    Sending now...

I wanted to send you a quick note, with a reminder that the vote you are expected to take today will have a devastating effect on not only lawful firearms owners, but also the segments of the economy which support them.

In reading the fiscal analysis of the bill, it is apparent that the ultimate goal of these bills is not just the disarmament of the population at large, but also the decimation of the firearms industry in Maryland (and supporting the same for the rest of the country). I find this reprehensible.

Lawful firearms owners, dealers, and manufacturers contribute many millions of dollars to the overall economy of Maryland, and these restrictions will not only take away effective means of self-protection, but could drive long-established businesses (in particular Beretta, USA) from the state.

The groundswell of opposition to these bills is obvious to even the most casual observer, as evidenced by the deluge of mail the General Assembly is currently receiving, and the thousands who turned out from across the state on Feb 6 (and more expected to appear to testify on Mar 1 and Mar 5).

Additionally (as has been mentioned throughout this process), these bills do not effectively address anything related to the true causes of violent crime.

This Unconstitutional attempt to limit the Rights of Marylanders cannot stand, and the fact that the Brady Campaign is now in play tells me that the Governor's position is shaky at best. These bills need to be voted down today, in the interest of a safe, sensible, viable Maryland.

Sincerely,

[me]
    Glen Burnie, MD (D32)
    MSI Exec. Member
    GOA Life Member
    Member, Second Amendment Foundation
    NRA

Newly Registered Conservative Democrat

Sportstud4891

Resident SMIB
    Jun 7, 2011
    Chuck County
    This is what I am going to send. Too long?

I am writing to tell you that I vehemently oppose SB281 and any other bills that will restrict my second amendment rights. As a registered Democrat, I will absolutely track how my elected officials vote in this and all other gun restriction legislation. This bill in particular is extremely unpopular. As you saw during the public comment period on February 6th, over 3000 law abiding citizens took time off of work to voice their disapproval of this bill. Over 1000 signed up to speak out against the bill. Less than 100 people showed to voice their approval of SB281. Of those, the majority were officials that helped craft the bill. Passing this bill is NOT the will of the people. Vote for this bill at your political peril.

Nope, nothing is ever too long. Send it!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom