• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dsnyder

MDS Supporter
    Jun 23, 2015
    Baltimore
    That looks very nice. Did you need to file the disconnector to get the trigger to reset? Just wondering because my 80% builds needed it.

Tower43

USMC - 0311
    Jul 6, 2010
    Lusby, MD
    That looks very nice. Did you need to file the disconnector to get the trigger to reset? Just wondering because my 80% builds needed it.

I thought I was going to but once I get everything set it works like a champ. The only thing I shouldve paid attention to is the bar for the ejection port cover, it's like 1/16" too long, when torquing the barrel nut I ended up bending it. Hindsight I shouldve just shaved it down.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    very nice. I am steadily assembling my first LR-308. Aero upper and lower. Brownell's BCG. No other parts acquired yet. I am leaning towards a fluted HBAR 18" barrel from Classic Firearms. Good price and I've had excellent luck with their barrels. I don't know what to do about the handguard. Options seem to be eBay, but not the lightest and not in the lengths I want. Aero, which they seem to make quality ones, but not cheap. Or super expensive and shave an ounce or two.

Dunno. I really want it done, because I want to get to shooting it. On the other hand, eh. I am more than happy to wait and get the parts I want when they are on sale

Tower43

USMC - 0311
    Jul 6, 2010
    Lusby, MD
    Yea, if I had to do it on my own I would likely have opted for some cheaper parts, however this was associated with the course so it was all included. Priced out it's approx $1400 for an AR308

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Be cautious of the brownells Nitrided .308 Bolts. I have seen several cases of them headspacing short.

Good to know. I’ll make sure to check.

I’ve got one of their 5.56 BCGs and it headspaced perfectly and runs great.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    very nice. I am steadily assembling my first LR-308. Aero upper and lower. Brownell's BCG. No other parts acquired yet. I am leaning towards a fluted HBAR 18" barrel from Classic Firearms. Good price and I've had excellent luck with their barrels. I don't know what to do about the handguard. Options seem to be eBay, but not the lightest and not in the lengths I want. Aero, which they seem to make quality ones, but not cheap. Or super expensive and shave an ounce or two.

Dunno. I really want it done, because I want to get to shooting it. On the other hand, eh. I am more than happy to wait and get the parts I want when they are on sale

I'll be honest with you. The Aero M5 handguard is not my cup of tea. I built an AR10 using the M5 handguard and I knew right then that it felt wrong in my hands. The size, finish, something didn't feel right with it. If you want to check one out, let me know and you can get the optic I have waiting for you.

Tower43

USMC - 0311
    Jul 6, 2010
    Lusby, MD
    I'll be honest with you. The Aero M5 handguard is not my cup of tea. I built an AR10 using the M5 handguard and I knew right then that it felt wrong in my hands. The size, finish, something didn't feel right with it. If you want to check one out, let me know and you can get the optic I have waiting for you.

I kind of like it, though it's my first free float, everything else i have is magpul

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom