• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    OK, I have three of the Magpul bipods. Two MLOK, one p-rail. One is mounted on a heavy-ish Ruger Precision Rifle, one is on a lighter weight Ruger American Rifle, and the third is hanging out on an AR-308.

They are excellent, especially given their very affordable price. Very sturdy and stable. Good range of motion. Easy to install. They pre-load very nicely no matter how you have them mounted on the rifle (legs forward or backward). I have two very minor critiques:
    1. The pan/tilt lock does not seem to work reliably for me in locking out all movement. Maybe I didn't twist it hard enough?
    2. The buttons for leg adjustment felt awkward to use in actual employment. It could very well be that this was a function of the rifle platform and not the bipod itself, though.

If you're doing the PRS thing, you will probably want to bump it up to an Atlas. But for tactical applications where you just need a good bipod for prone usage, this thing checks all the boxes nicely. I shot it to a thousand yards, and while it didn't do better than some good bags, it was good enough for 2 MOA steel work. I would have zero reservations recommending this. Definitely a game changer at the price point.

My opinion should be taken with a grain of salt given my lack of experience with other bipods, but I agree with you assessment. Works great on my AR, and am very happy with it.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I can definitely say they are night and day better than the old Winchester-branded Harris knock-off bipod I had previously used.

One other thing to note: if you're shooting off the bench, you're way better off with a pair of good heavy bags than a bipod.

ROBAR35

Living the farm life
    May 20, 2010
    Howard Co.
    Good to see you drop by. Hope you and the family and business is doing well.

Thanks John! Doing great brother, still working 6 days a week. Fingers crossed it holds up under “ hidin Biden” hope all is well with you as well.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    Y'all are overthinking this. Lowe's has what you need.

Attachments

• mosin1.jpg
      mosin1.jpg
      59.5 KB · Views: 270

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Okay thanks! I have a Harris and it’s fine, if not a little awkward. Probably not gonna drop the coin for an Atlas. May just try the Magpul. If I end up shooting this rifle a lot I’ll upgrade if it’s not holding up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Thanks John! Doing great brother, still working 6 days a week. Fingers crossed it holds up under “ hidin Biden” hope all is well with you as well.

Hanging in there. Family first and they are doing well. Business this year has been challenging. About 15% of my business prior to this year was hospitality related so that pretty much gone. However, I just remind myself every day that it could always be worse.

Hope to see you sometime again.

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    The the tension adjustment on the swivel/tilt feature is much better on the Harris then on the couple Atlas bipods I have played with. I have a few of the Harris notch leg swivel 6-9, 9-13 bipods and an Atlas BT65. The Atlas has more features, but the Harris just works better.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    For secret santa, there's a $75 rough limit. It could go up or down a little. What is the best mlok bipod in this price range? Utg seems to make some 2-piece and 1 piece around that price range that get great or mediocre reviews based on which online retailer you check out.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    For secret santa, there's a $75 rough limit. It could go up or down a little. What is the best mlok bipod in this price range? Utg seems to make some 2-piece and 1 piece around that price range that get great or mediocre reviews based on which online retailer you check out.
    I used the UTG 2-piece on R&R's Ruger 308 in the Magpul Hunter stock. It was pretty stable. A number of guys were hitting past 500 yards off a bench with the set-up.

198a30af41d0df2692ca82c151e1803c.jpg

Perhaps the biggest weakness is that it doesn't get as high as other traditional bipods. They flare out more with a wide stance which makes elevating more of a challenge. If the MLOK slots on the forward rail are angled down more vs perpendicular, this would of course help.

reynolds25

Jan 18, 2012
    Rockville
    I have all three, I like the Harris the best, the Atlas is next and the Magpul is my least favorite. Harris is heavy but feels the most stable. Don’t get a Harris without the S option though. Without that option the Harris would be my least favorite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom