Libtardistan
    Mother Nature provides.

IMG_7838.jpg

IMG_7842.jpg

namrelio

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2013
    Frederick Co. Virginia
    For those who haven't tried one, I can't say enough good things about Havalon knives with replaceable blades. You're basically working with a scalpel and a fresh edge is a blade change away.

I still carry and use a fixed blade drop point for the sternum, backstrap removal and cutting hind quarters close to the pelvis. For everything else I use the Havalon and don't know how I got by without it.

Yeah, had never even heard of these knives with replaceable scalpel sharp blades. Was looking at the Wiebe knives based upon somebody else's post in this thread, but after looking at the Havalon knives, I think I have settled on the Havalon double folder Bone Collector Rebel that has both a drop point and a replaceable scalpel blade on it. The entire concept of just replacing blades as they dull, versus dealing with sharpening them is awesome.

Thanks to both you gentlemen. I also had not heard of a Havalon knife. Sounded good so I looked it up. Nice. I went with what fabsroman picked out. It arrived today. Liked it so much I got my son one for Christmas. Thanks for the heads up.:thumbsup:

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Well
    Late start today at 3:30
    Does are active right now. 1 doe and 2 fawns ran across my field before I could get to my blind. They were not even headed to my feeder when I saw them from the house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CaptChaos

MDS Supporter
    Mar 1, 2008
    Calvert County, MD
    This has been an absolutely terrible season for me so far. I’ve hunted 7 days, morning and evening and have not seen a single deer. This is day 8 and it’s shaping up to continue the streak. I’m not even really seeing any roadkill deer. I just don’t understand it.

I’ve hunted this location for seven years and while I’ve had plenty of days with no sightings, it’s never been an entire season!

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    This has been an absolutely terrible season for me so far. I’ve hunted 7 days, morning and evening and have not seen a single deer. This is day 8 and it’s shaping up to continue the streak. I’m not even really seeing any roadkill deer. I just don’t understand it.

I’ve hunted this location for seven years and while I’ve had plenty of days with no sightings, it’s never been an entire season!

Are you finding any dead deer, a la blue tongue?

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck

Everyone i have talked to this year has had the same issue. Its like the deer vacated the state of Md

We typically stack them up where i hunt and we are struggling too. My neighbor sat in his honey hole for the last 4 mornings with a muzzle loader and left empty handed each morning.

Mike3888

Mike3888
    Feb 21, 2013
    Dundalk, Md-Mifflin,Pa
    For what it's worth. I had someone tell me last week that there was over 700 confirmed cases of EHD in talbot county. And both farms we hunt in Dorchester have been slow. As in low kill numbers. For all the naysayers. EHD is the facts on Eastern Shore!

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    IMG_0390 (2).JPG I went and sat in a pretty good spot last night. Usually you always see something during shooting light. Nothing moving during the blue bird weather were having.
    One of the lads checked some trail cams they had to the left of the stand and captured images of decent bucks scent checking the field edge.
    Thats all happening about an hour or so before first available light.
    We need an abrupt change in the weather or just start some slow two or three man drives to get some action.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    View attachment 221123 I went and sat in a pretty good spot last night. Usually you always see something during shooting light. Nothing moving during the blue bird weather were having.
    One of the lads checked some trail cams they had to the left of the stand and captured images of decent bucks scent checking the field edge.
    Thats all happening about an hour or so before first available light.
    We need an abrupt change in the weather or just start some slow two or three man drives to get some action.

Cold weather forecast for the beginning of the week. Nothing gets them moving this time of year like the cold. I'll be at it most of the week(Bonus tag). :thumbsup:

Mike3888

Mike3888
    Feb 21, 2013
    Dundalk, Md-Mifflin,Pa
    I was in a pretty much given spot last nite also. Saw absolutely nothing. We just need constant colder temps. Pulled game camera cards also. Had 900 pics and only 3 whitetail everything else were sika deer.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      97.5 KB · Views: 153

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads