• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SCV/SAR Patriot

UNRECONSTRUCTED
    Hogan blames Trump for MD GOP losses.

http://www.wcbm.com/2018/11/07/hogan-blames-trump-for-republican-losses-in-maryland/

And there's this gem:

More of the same in his 2nd term. Don't expect any help with 2A rights.

FIFY

Hogan said he won because he has BENT OVER FOR MIKE AND MIKE and voters like the direction Maryland is heading. He remained coy about his plans for the next four years, saying he’s “got some time” until the General Assembly’s next legislative session starts in January. He said he will focus on the same things he worked on during his first time like COMMON SENSE SWEEPING GUN CONTROL MEASURES, BLOWING SMOKE, BENDING OVER FOR THE DEMOCRATS IN THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD

Busch, 71, suggested Hogan shouldn’t have any problem with those priorities.

“The governor ran as a moderate — almost a Democrat if you will,” he said.

Yep.

Worked wonders on expanding those numbers down ballot.

I'm sure everyone's unrestricted self defense handgun permit is in the mail.

Bonus takeaway: I'm getting nearly the same agenda as I would have with Jealous.

Larry Hogan makes Bob Ehrlich look like Jesse Helms.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

Yep.

Bonus takeaway: I'm getting nearly the same agenda as I would have with Jealous.

Larry Hogan makes Bob Ehrlich look like Jesse Helms.
    Lol, waiting for the few diehards to tell us why MDSers needed to vote for Hogan when 100s of thousands of Democrats already were. To be clear, I don't have issue for those who supported Hogan, said their piece, and went forward. But there was a sanctimonious bunch that would bully others of differing opinions (I'll give credit to a couple that eventually toned it down). Not clear what was gained. Maybe they have connections to Governor Hogan and can say the gun community stood with him and would you please help us with this 2A issue now. Time will tell, but I thought it was really bad form.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

SCV/SAR Patriot

UNRECONSTRUCTED
    Lol, waiting for the few diehards to tell us why MDSers needed to vote for Hogan when 100s of thousands of Democrats already were. To be clear, I don't have issue for those who supported Hogan, said their piece, and went forward. But there was a sanctimonious bunch that would bully others of differing opinions (I'll give credit to a couple that eventually toned it down). Not clear what was gained. Maybe they have connections to Governor Hogan and can say the gun community stood with him and would you please help us with this 2A issue now. Time will tell, but I thought it was really bad form.

:thumbsup: Well written, thank you.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands

Yep.

Larry Hogan makes Bob Ehrlich look like Jesse Helms.[/QUOTE]

yuuuuupppp

East2West

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 20, 2013
    Nomalley, Nobama

What was gained?!?!

Uhh he's not a COMMUNIST!!! If you didn't vote Hogan that meant you wanted the COMMUNIST to win. He was going to take ALL the money out of your pockets. At least Larry isn't a COMMUNIST.

That's my rendition of a generic response from the Enforcers of the Hogan Fan Club here.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Meanwhile , all the younger MDS'ers are googling both Bob Erlich and Jesse Helms .

Hey now, we're not all wholly ignorant. Most of us can occasionally remember something from the distant past, back when you were dragging your knuckles, pre-electricity. ;)

I kid, of course.

Thankfully, I'm familiar with both of those gentlemen, and share an alma mater with one of them.

Separately, I'm increasingly troubled on certain levels and pleasantly indifferent on all others about leaving the "younger MDS'ers" demographic. Middle age, for the win.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010

Bullying?

Please remind us of which side accused the other of being a “Hogan circle jerk”... called the other side “Hoganites” and “Hoganbots”?

Sorry fellas... it was Hogan or jealous... not a damn thing any of us could have done to change that. And Quinn??? He didn’t even get the traditional MDS 3%.

I’m not a Hogan Fan... but I know that we will suffer one hell of a lot less with him in the State House than with jealous running the show into the ground. Jealous is our version of NY’s Cortez.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Bullying?

Please remind us of which side accused the other of being a “Hogan circle jerk”... called the other side “Hoganites” and “Hoganbots”?

Sorry fellas... it was Hogan or jealous... not a damn thing any of us could have done to change that. And Quinn??? He didn’t even get the traditional MDS 3%.

I’m not a Hogan Fan... but I know that we will suffer one hell of a lot less with him in the State House than with jealous running the show into the ground. Jealous is our version of NY’s Cortez.

Ditto. We could have had a FL or GA situation here just as easy. I tried to be reasonable and somewhat logical in my argument.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    Bullying?

It was easy for people to stand up for what they believe when they knew that the better option was going to win. I have to commend those that are reasonable enough to admit it.

It's like the anti-vaccine hippies. They feel comfortable with the decision because they know the rest of us are reasonable and protecting us. It's a comfortable decision. Doesn't really prove much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom