• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    Not me. With my family history of Alzheimer's, I won't even remember my own name in 20 years.

I was joking my friend. Personally, I have no faith in the courts at this time. If the courts were our savior, they would have already stepped in and we would not be where we area.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    If the courts were our savior, they would have already stepped in and we would not be where we area.

Courts can’t “step in.” That’s not how it works. It takes - especially as you talk about SCOTUS - a long, persistent, and expensive chain of very specific things to occur before the sort of case we want has a chance to be heard by a court we want. We did NOT want some important cases in front of the wrong mix of judges and justices.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Nope. They've over turned everything this year but a few of his meaningless vetos. Everything on the Dem agenda got pushed.

If he vetos and SCOTUS rules appropriately, the override would be meaningless and probably would not occur next year.

Lots of "if's" and wishes on SCOTUS, which at this point, is probably misplaced. :sad20:

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Is there any reason we're all talking like this has passed already?
    Your average poster on MDS has a poor grasp on the legislative process and how to read bills. Not as bad as what I've seen out of some Virginians lately, but not great. This is the same group that was freaking the **** out over the ban on mag possession last year despite it being basically DOA.

Rabu Rabu

Operatoroperatoroperator
    Sep 10, 2012
    Cambridge, MD
    Your average poster on MDS has a poor grasp on the legislative process and how to read bills. Not as bad as what I've seen out of some Virginians lately, but not great. This is the same group that was freaking the **** out over the ban on mag possession last year despite it being basically DOA.

That's what I was thinking. We've killed worse than this and all I've seen the last 6 pages is what we're gonna do when it skates through like it's on greased ball bearings.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I will panic when MSI tells me to panic. I think we've hit enough critical mass for me to start drafting letters to my reps, anyways.

rootytootyshooty

Apr 12, 2019
    What can I do as a young person who hasn't fought for much of anything in their life, but wants to get started? I want to do something.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    What can I do as a young person who hasn't fought for much of anything in their life, but wants to get started? I want to do something.

Donate to groups like MSI locally, Gun Owners of America/Firearms Policy Coalition/Second Amendment Foundation/ETC nationally, get as many friends and family into the shooting sports hobby as possible to create more pro 2A voters. Volunteer with MSI or protest with Patriot Picket, or any number of things depending on what you have to give in terms of time, charisma, or cash.

Get started writing pro 2A letters or making internet content. Support high profile 2A personalities like Military Arms Channel or Iraqveteran8888 who do a good job supporting firearms rights and spreading useful information.

Really depends on your circumstances.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    I will panic when MSI tells me to panic. I think we've hit enough critical mass for me to start drafting letters to my reps, anyways.

Definitely. Whenever MGA is in session, it's time time to write letters, make phone calls, and maybe even make some respectful office visits. But not time to start burning legislators in effigy yet, except maybe Atterbury, just because of how much it would irritate her that we don't recognize her genius or respect her authoriteh.

I have confidence in Mark Pennak from MSI to be able to "read" JPC in the Senate, and let us know what he thinks will pass and in what form. The fact that this isn't crossfiled on the Senate side gives me hope.

ziptiespec

So I have a fun idea... what if we were able to read some of the important parts of Heller in house committee testimony on this bill? Break the most important parts of Heller up into 90-sec parts and just read it to the committee?

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    I'll be glad to do my first one. Tis a noble cause.

We should talk. We’ll make national news.

If you two need temporary sanctuary down south let me know.

My woman and I are in an outrageous fight about this. She actually says I'm "selfish" for not submitting to those who would be king.

She said:

"You'd jeopardize my retirement for a piece of metal?!?"

I'm 100% at a loss for words.

I told her:

"If you won't stand with me, feel free to leave."

How decadent and soft some have become.

My response would have been, "I'm willing to die for it."

At the end of the day, law enforcement ordered to come to your door and take your firearms have some soul searching to do. Are they willing to kill otherwise peaceful Americans in order to take their defensive firearms because of a blatantly unconstitutional law made by hypocrites. If they choose to go forward with potentially killing to enforce this, the people need to decide what they do with that information.

Decision already made.

The leftards are emboldened this year, safe bet is it passes.

So I have a fun idea... what if we were able to read some of the important parts of Heller in house committee testimony on this bill? Break the most important parts of Heller up into 90-sec parts and just read it to the committee?

It's cute you think they give a damn.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Screen Shot 2020-02-08 at 23.38.49.png

Because this....mixed with virginia shoving things through despite tens of thousands of armed virginians coicing opposition and most of their state voting to be 2a sanctuary...mixed with bloomberg's new hard push to both target state and local elections in the 2a fight while running to seize the federal level in 2020.

What actual reason do the democrats have to listen to us on this? It's clear they just don't give a single f^ck about the 2a or the consequences for their recent power-grab.

There WILL be a fight, and we should take this seriously...especially while the bill is still in it's infancy.

ziptiespec

It's cute you think they give a damn.

You misinterpret my suggestion, but I'm flattered that you think I'm cute.
    I know they don't care. For the most part they don't listen to us. Mark/MSI gets good airtime because he makes good legal points about the issues with the bills. The rest of us? We can each come up with our own testimony and rattle through it, sometimes hitting common points with other testimony, sometime hitting stale points that no one listens to. Rarely hitting new points but again, they often don't listen and don't care.

I'm just thinking about ways to shake things up, maybe get some attention from media or who knows what.

I saw a couple of things in the Senate testimony this past week that made me pause and go: hmmm.

One of those things was squaregrouper getting on a panel with the Everytown lawyer and Andrea Shamblee (right around 3:34:00).

Another one of those things was the testimony against SB0208 that started around 5:07:44. Another person gave his 2 minutes to another person to be able to spend more time on their testimony.

Reading the Heller decision is 90-second chunks in something different.

A bunch of us signing up to testify, then giving our allotted time to one person is another thing that's different.

Some of us continuing in the tradition of squaregrouper and signing up to provide testimony in favor of these bills, and then using that opportunity as the "ones who go first" to then trash the bill, that's different.

Picking up what I'm laying down?

Cruacious

C&R Farmer
    Apr 29, 2015
    Elkton
    One point of testimony we could hit on is how much training a member of the police or military has, yet they are (after service) usually prohibited by law from owning many of the weapons the law says are "too dangerous" for the average person to own. They are people who were once average citizens of upstanding status, elevated by training to be able to operate firearms in a safe and efficient manner. Why should we be any different?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom