Go Back   Maryland Shooters > The Arsenal > NFA/Class 3/Title II
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old March 27th, 2018, 11:05 AM #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
If you are an MD resident (and not an FFL) and the buyer is a PA resident (and not an FFL), you will have to do the following:

You -> Form 4 ($200) -> SOT FFL in PA.

SOT FFL in PA -> Form 4 ($200) -> your buyer.
Thanks for stating it so clearly.

I (a Marylander) just purchased a MG from a PA FFL. I take from what you have said that I should expect the following:

1st transfer is from PA FFL to MD FFL. Transfer will occur on a form 3. It will be a no-tax-stamp transfer. It should be fairly quick...whatever that means. Can you give me an idea how long the form 3 PA FFL to MD FFL transfer should take?

2nd transfer is from MD FFL to me. The transfer will occur on a form 4. I will pay $200 for the tax stamp. Since the MG is going into a trust, that will take many months. I'll visit my MG in jail.
This may look like legal advice. It is not. I am not a Maryland lawyer. I do not know you or the details of your concerns. I cannot advise you or answer your legal questions. Hire your own counsel to advise you.
JohnnyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2018, 01:07 PM #12
The Leatherstocking

The Leatherstocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyE View Post
Thanks for stating it so clearly.
No problem. This stuff is confusing!

Quote:
I (a Marylander) just purchased a MG from a PA FFL. I take from what you have said that I should expect the following:

1st transfer is from PA FFL to MD FFL. Transfer will occur on a form 3. It will be a no-tax-stamp transfer. It should be fairly quick...whatever that means. Can you give me an idea how long the form 3 PA FFL to MD FFL transfer should take?
That is correct. SOT FFL to SOT FFL transfers can be done tax free on a Form 3, which are now usually processing in a matter of days to a week or two I believe. (But don't quote me on that.)

Quote:
2nd transfer is from MD FFL to me. The transfer will occur on a form 4. I will pay $200 for the tax stamp. Since the MG is going into a trust, that will take many months. I'll visit my MG in jail.
That is correct. Of course, it would take months regardless, though apparently lately trusts have been longer.
Hawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > The Arsenal > NFA/Class 3/Title II