• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    https://www.wbaltv.com/article/kerosene-contaminated-with-gasoline/26200753

Baltimore County fire officials are warning the public about kerosene that was contaminated with gasoline and sold at a Milford Mill gas station.

Fire officials said contaminated kerosene was sold to an estimated 46 customers between Jan. 23 and Tuesday at the Shell station and Dash-In at 8200 Liberty Road.

"Use of this contaminated kerosene poses an imminent fire risk if used in kerosene-fueled devices, such as space heaters," fire officials said in a statement. "Use of gasoline in equipment designed for kerosene is known to cause fire and other hazards."

Onwrd Farm

Ultimate Member
    Feb 17, 2013
    Carroll County
    Just heard this reported on the radio and was coming to post. Prayers up that the 40 some people who bought this see the warning and don't use this.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I got the damn alert while driving. I pulled over on the BW to make sure we weren’t getting bombed.

Then I saw this Horse $Hit on my phone.

80264e8faf72fbca2380b8f1f09c89da.jpg

bigdv

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2010
    Calvert Co.
    My guess is the gasoline is diluted enough by kerosene to not be explosive. Pure gasoline in a K1 heater would be a very quick "Bawoosh"

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    My guess is the gasoline is diluted enough by kerosene to not be explosive. Pure gasoline in a K1 heater would be a very quick "Bawoosh"
    My brother's company delivered the gasoline to this station. The covers and fill valves were not color coded, so the driver took the word of the station owner as to which connector was which. After my brother got wind of the mixup, he visited the station, pulled a sample and poured a sample on the ground a safe distance away, then tossed a match. He said it lit off as violently as raw gas. It was definitely not diluted enough to be safe. The station owner was reluctant to lock the pump, so my brother put a lock on it and notified the FD.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    My brother's company delivered the gasoline to this station. The covers and fill valves were not color coded, so the driver took the word of the station owner as to which connector was which. After my brother got wind of the mixup, he visited the station, pulled a sample and poured a sample on the ground a safe distance away, then tossed a match. He said it lit off as violently as raw gas. It was definitely not diluted enough to be safe. The station owner was reluctant to lock the pump, so my brother put a lock on it and notified the FD.

WTF :sad20:

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland

Hmm.. the place I buy kero from has above ground tank storage and the pump directly connected to it.... less confusion.

I thought its there's a law on above ground storage for kerosene??

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom