• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I believe I have a gen 2a as the gun is a gen2 9mm. I have the hinge but no releasebutton ?

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    What do I have to buy besides the tailhook to do the setup you guys have?

You can just buy a pre-made stock modified and brace adapter already installed. Then (like you said) buy the actual Tailhook. That is what I did. You can check out my pictures. Here is the link to Tech Smith MFG...

https://techsmithmfg.com/shop?olsPage=products/tech-smith-kriss-vector-tailhook-ready-stock&page=2

Here is a video where a guy converts his Vector to a SBR but doing a brace like mine is the same process.

[YT]Udk20IadmaI[/YT]

Djnewman001

Jun 16, 2018
    Delaware
    Yetiwurks has an adapter as well. It's made of 6061 and fits the tailhook like a glove. They had a full kit but I think I bought the last one. Adapters are still available though.

I'm just waiting to cut my lower tang off of the stock. I'll be using the water jet at work to make a nice cut.

Thanks for all of the pictures guys, made my decision much easier.

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    Yetiwurks has an adapter as well. It's made of 6061 and fits the tailhook like a glove. They had a full kit but I think I bought the last one. Adapters are still available though.

I'm just waiting to cut my lower tang off of the stock. I'll be using the water jet at work to make a nice cut.

Thanks for all of the pictures guys, made my decision much easier.

I wanted a binary trigger setup for my Vector and the only game in town right now is Double Tap Triggers. They only make a trigger with two positions. Safe and Binary. No single shot position is available. I don't think that is really all that safe, but like I said, they are the only guys that currently make a binary style trigger for the Kriss Vector. My solution was to buy a second upper receiver and just swap them out if I wanted to shoot single fire. The only upper that I could find was a Gen IIb with the AR style buffer tube threaded back. I figure that having two different style of uppers, it will help to keep the trigger types from getting mixed up as well.

I love the idea of the adapter that Yeti makes. I almost bought one. The only problem that I see is that when you use the Yeti adapter with a Gen IIa stock, the hook on the stock no longer will line up with the hook on the receiver. The stock is positioned too far aft. That leaves the stock no way to "lock" folded. It will just kind of flop around if not locked fully extended. The hook method wasn't the best way in the first place. I considered gluing Neodymium rare earth magnets to the side of the receiver and the stock.

I decided to wait and see what Kriss ends up doing. They have been talking about a folding stock that will fold both left and right that fits in the AR buffer tube location. If it looks good and it can be converted into an arm brace, I may go that route. Kriss has been saying that it will be available sometime this year. We will see.

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    It's a thing of beauty! I wanted to get one of these and SBR the thing in 2013 but ran out of money. I was caught up in the "scare buying" and this one fell to the way side. Great thread. I appreciate all of the posts. This makes me want to get one and modify it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom