• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EliteContent

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 3, 2013
    I would like to contact him as well. Does he have a direct number or email?

Rockfish

Feb 26, 2013
    FYI I recently used A1 crack repair to have an injection style repair done to 8' high verticals crack in my foundation. It was somewhat of a hairline crack but wider in some spots and the amount of water it let in was insane for its size. He charged me $500 cash and it's been bone dry ever since. As far as I know all he does is injection repairs so if you need more substantial work probably look elsewhere. For the same exact repairs using identical materials one of the big foundation companies around here quoted me $1900. When I asked where the difference in price was coming from he said were a large foundation company with a lot of overhead. There are guys that only fix cracks like this and may charge less which turned out to be the case for me. Best of luck!

CJB762

Jul 5, 2012
    If it's a concrete foundation the repairs will be made from the inside. They will do an epoxy injection. Generally 500.00 - 1000.00 per crack.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Update on my interior drain system.

Jackhammering. Two days of effing jackhammering. Two full loads of concrete chunks, mud and clay removed.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    One well advertised company wanted to dig a $17,000 trench around my finished basement. If I didn't sign right then and there the price would have to go up.

I did not sign. I did get a landscape guy to pipe my downspouts far away from my house and patch the cracks.

Had a company want to due the trench thing with 2 sump pumps inside of my basement for a fee of $15,000. Like you, if I didn't sign then, the price would go up. I didn't do it. My foundation is block

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Wow, that sucks. Does "full loads" mean "full dumptrucks"??

Jackhammering wrapped up this morning. Bucket load after bucket load of clay and mud hauled out today.

Not 15 cu yard body dump truck, like,... masons dump. Probably 4 yards of material, all by hand into buckets, carried out, dumped into truck.

Trench is all done, holes in foundation for septic and well lines being (properly) sealed up tomorrow. They've got the crock in and lines connected to it, looks like less than half of the piping in so far. He said 70 or so more buckets of blue stone, then vapor barrier and corrugated wall material that goes under slab, then new concrete to cover it all up.

Major major job. My wife was just telling me today "Didn't you say YOU thought you could do this...."

Ef no. They have right around 75 man hours in today, will be slightly over 100 depending on how many guys they have tomorrow and may run into Saturday before it's over.

This is a 1344 sq. ft. ranch house, two 48' walls, two 28' walls. :rolleyes:

Tremendous amount of work, and, I'm very pleased with the work so far, their lead guy knows his shit and knows how to speak customers.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Geez!! At least now your estimates don't seem so ridiculous...

Pretty much my thinking. Anytime in life when a project goes from "Huh,.. I think I can do that" (to) "SHIT NO I can't do that!" you tend to feel better about the money.

Plus, they guarantee the work. I know, they could be out of business next week, but,... if me and my $10 dollar an hour guy started on this, we'd be ready to kill one another by the end of the first day.

They aren't hamming it up, it's WORK. And, that's coming from someone who some would describe as a slave driver. This summer we went back to back 16 hour days followed by a 12. 88 man hours over the course of 72 clock hours.

I think to do this right (when you can't or don't want to seal up the outside) it takes this amount of labor...... period).

Rockfish

Feb 26, 2013
    Wow that's much more involved then the simple repair I ended up getting away with. Hopefully it pays itself off with years of dry basement storage.

Ifdot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Md Eastern Shore
    Pretty much my thinking. Anytime in life when a project goes from "Huh,.. I think I can do that" (to) "SHIT NO I can't do that!" you tend to feel better about the money.

Plus, they guarantee the work. I know, they could be out of business next week, but,... if me and my $10 dollar an hour guy started on this, we'd be ready to kill one another by the end of the first day.

They aren't hamming it up, it's WORK. And, that's coming from someone who some would describe as a slave driver. This summer we went back to back 16 hour days followed by a 12. 88 man hours over the course of 72 clock hours.

I think to do this right (when you can't or don't want to seal up the outside) it takes this amount of labor...... period).

I am and have been in the process of doing this myself since late August. Horrible horrible job. I have been pacing myself and doing it between work, family and chores around the house it's been rough. I have 20ft to go and the digging will be done. I wish I'd of paid someone at this point.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Well, I hate paying for things (or, paying dearly anyway). Waterproofing unfortunately is a little like some of the bigger HVAC companies. They know they've got you over a barrel so to speak.

I'm trying to heat this place with a match and cool it with an ice cube, waterproofing the crawl (to fully insulate/condition) is part of the long term plan.

Plus (this is gonna sound like BS). It was so wet down there if we didn't keep the door to crawl space open the inside of the window panes in the house would fog up and sweat. (not good).

Allium

Senior Keyboard Operator
    Feb 10, 2007
    Did that work off and on for years - been in the business for almost 20. No freaking why would you catch me digging a trench. Do the work a few times and you won't begrudge the price.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Coming along real nicely now, they've got 2 out of 4 walls totally done. Concrete work looks REAL good.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Just heard the lead guy say to one of his workers "one of the worst crawlspaces I've done".

Warms my heart.:blush:

hank440

Apr 8, 2009
    One well advertised company wanted to dig a $17,000 trench around my finished basement. If I didn't sign right then and there the price would have to go up.

I did not sign. I did get a landscape guy to pipe my downspouts far away from my house and patch the cracks.

Let me guess Mid Atlantic ? :innocent0

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Forgot to update this. So far we haven't had any rain since the work, cept for tonight which wasn't much.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom