• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Notable that school buses and schools are "no", so they are likely done for the semester.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Notable that school buses and schools are "no", so they are likely done for the semester.

Wife is a BCPS teacher and they are actively preparing for the remainder of the semester to be online or paper packet for those who cant get online. Nothing announced officially but that’s what I see behind the scenes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vetted84

Nov 8, 2016
    Wife is a BCPS teacher and they are actively preparing for the remainder of the semester to be online or paper packet for those who cant get online. Nothing announced officially but that’s what I see behind the scenes.

Is your wife a city or county teacher? My wife is a county teacher and has heard next to nothing about the remainder of the year being online.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Is your wife a city or county teacher? My wife is a county teacher and has heard next to nothing about the remainder of the year being online.

She is county. I know that she and other teachers in the county were tasked with creating some sort of e-learning lesson plans. However like I said there is no official announcement I think they are part of some small group working on the plans that I assume would be rolled into some countywide plan at a later time.

I do believe that in Baltimore Country every MS and HS student has a laptop or tablet provided by the school and I also think that parents can get some access to basic internet through Comcast and I assume paid for by the county, but please don’t quote this as fact. For years I’ve paid as much attention to the school procedures as my wife as paid to my business. Not much that is.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005

It will come tomorrow or Tuesday. AACPS is in closed session tomorrow and I expect that the powers that be from all 24 school systems have been closely working out a somewhat unified response in conjunction with MSDE and the Governors office.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    The DE remote schooling system has failed as well. The kids not only have cabin fever but also have no schooling to occupy their time.

My sister has 3 kids in middle/high schools here. Not fun.

roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    So auto dealers have to close but auto repair shops can be open. Does that mean an auto dealer can keep its’ service center open while its’ showroom is closed?

My brother lives in Delaware and works in Maryland , how in hell is he going to miss a month and half of work . SMH

It's not going to matter soon enough. Hogan is preparing to announce a forced lockdown. Essential personnel only being allowed to travel. You will probably need permission to go to the store and a letter from your doctor to go to appointments. This has been in the planning stage for about a week. He is suppose to hold a press conference tomorrow at 11 AM. Not sure it will be announced then but I wouldn't count it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom